Equity, Diversity and Inclusion Strategy
Guided by the Equity, Diversity and Inclusion Strategy, over the next five years, we will lay the foundation for transformational change on our path to becoming a more inclusive organization.Read our strategy
Anti-racism essay contest
Demonstrate your understanding of equity, diversity and inclusion — and share ideas for a better way forward — for a chance to win $500. Contest closes Sunday, May 15.Contest details
- tripled enrolment capacity for PERS 148, a free intercultural communications training opportunity for students and employees
- permanently raised the Treaty 7 flag on campus and updated SAIT’s institutional land acknowledgement
- unveiled a Pride rainbow stained glass art installation in the Irene Lewis Atrium
- launched an inclusive leadership development program for leaders
- adopted an inclusive ebook subscription for the SAIT community through the Reg Erhardt Library, featuring more than 18,000 titles
What we're working on
- recruitment strategy for diverse talent with Employee Services
- offering duty to accommodate and 2SLGBTQ+ inclusion workshops
- developing reward structures to incentivize EDI work
- establishing a central campus location for the Office of EDI and Ombudsperson
- creating an EDI rubric for curriculum maintenance and renewal
Adison Wiberg - Communications
Allyson Dennehy - Chinook Lodge
Amantha Ho - Employee Services
Azka Qasim - Equity, Diversity and Inclusion Office
Dale Hansen - MacPhail School of Energy
Denise Johnston - Accessibility Services
Felicia Adeniyi - Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
Gifty Siyaka - English Language Foundations
Hala Dehais - School of Hospitality and Tourism
Hana Hossain - Saitsa
Jaclyn Damboise - Facilities Management
John Partington - Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
Lee Morden - School of Construction
Mark Wall - Student Engagement
Maria Saona - Equity, Diversity and Inclusion Office
Martin Fawcett - Safety and Community Service
Moksh Soni - Business Intelligence and Analytics
Rachel Paris - Saitsa
Sala Al-Wazeer - International Centre
Terri Eklund - Centre for Academic Development and Innovation
Statement on anti-racismRead message
A message from Heather Magotiaux, Vice President External Relations
Read SAIT's response to the continued discovery of unmarked graves at former residential schools in Canada and access support resources.Read response
“In order to advance equity, diversity and inclusion at SAIT, I am focusing on breaking down the operational barriers that were created decades ago in the past. These no longer serve the values that our current SAIT community hold dear. Collaborative, open, authentic—these values are held by people I want to work between, with, and for.”
Upcoming events you may be interested in
The unique experiences, perspectives and identities — both visible and invisible — that we all bring to campus as human beings.
Ensuring everyone has a fair chance to access, participate and succeed in all that SAIT has to offer.
The intentional process of creating a campus culture where all people are welcomed, respected and feel as though they belong.
The complex, cumulative way in which the effects of multiple forms of discrimination combine, overlap or intersect, especially in the experiences of marginalized individuals or groups.
Unearned access to social power based on membership in a dominant social group.
Bring equity, diversity and inclusion into every day
If you have a complaint about an instructor, report it to your academic chair. If you have a complaint about a student, report it to the Office of Community Conduct by emailing email@example.com. You may also report it to SAIT's discrimination and harassment hotline at 403.210.4406.
Sait.ca Website Feedback
Hello, we'd love to hear your feedback about our website...