VPN Instructions (Windows)
If you require access to the SAIT internal network you can now download and install the new GlobalProtect VPN client.
Local admin rights are required to download the VPN client. If you don’t have local admin rights, contact Helpline at email@example.com.
Please note, Helpline hours are Monday to Friday, 7:30 am – 5 pm.
This guide provides instructions on how to download and install the GlobalProtect VPN client for Windows.
1. Launch any browser.
2. Login to https://portal.sait.ca with your SAIT login (not your SAIT email address).
3. Click Download Windows 64 bit GlobalProtect Agent hyperlink.
4. Do not click Run. Click Save or Save As, depending on your browser:
Edge and Internet Explorer:
Downloads automatically get saved to your Downloads folder. Click on ‘Show in Folder’ (bottom left of screen).
Click Save File. The msi installer will get saved to your Downloads folder.
You can also click the down arrow at the top left and click the folder icon.
Double click on the msi to install.
6. Click Next to start installation.
7. Click Yes to the User Access Control prompt.
8. Click Next to confirm installation
9. Click Close when installation is complete.
10. Open GlobalProtect app from task bar (grey circle icon).
GlobalProtect application opens.
11. Enter the portal address portal.sait.ca (this only needs to be done once during your first connection). Do NOT enter https:// in this window.
Sign in using your computer login credentials.
For SAIT students: acdm\studentID (without leading zeros, same as student computer login). eg. acdm\123456
For SAIT staff: domain\username (same as staff computer login). eg. acdm\jdoe
You are now connected to SAIT internal network.
Please contact Helpline if you experience any issues (account lock out/password expire/etc.).
This guide provides instructions on how to download and install the GlobalProtect VPN client for Windows. If you are without local administrator permission on your SAIT-issued computer:
You must be connected to an internet connection before logging on to the VPN.
Limited connections to Cisco VPN are available - Please disconnect from Cisco after the install and login with GlobalProtect moving forward.
1. Navigate to the bottom right-hand side of your screen and select the Cisco AnyConnect VPN icon (you can also search the Start menu for AnyConnect):
2. Use the following connection pathways and click Connect.
3. Log on using your SAIT credentials:
4. Once the VPN has connected: Select Start Menu – type "Control Panel" – Select View By: Large Icons (top right dropdown menu in the corner) – select Configuration Manager – under the Actions tab – double click the Application Deployment Evaluation Cycle – this will ask Software Center for new applications that we have deployed to your computer, but can take a few minutes (one of which is the new GlobalProtect VPN).
5. Navigate to the Software Center (Start, type "Software" and open), and wait for the GlobalProtect application to show up in the Applications tab.
6. Click to install – Global Protect should open — If not, search Start – "Global" and open.
7. GlobalProtect application looks like a grey circle icon in the tas kbar.
Note: GlobalProtect application may open immediately after install through Software Center.
8. Enter the portal address portal.sait.ca (this only needs to be done once during your first connection).
9. Sign in using your computer login credentials:
You are now connected to SAIT internal network. Please disconnect from Cisco VPN after the install and login with GlobalProtect VPN moving forward.
You may need to click and re-connect to Global VPN after disconnection from Cisco VPN.
Note: If you require access to SAIT's internal network, you are required to connect to this VPN every day (it is not an automatic process, but should only require your current computer login password).
O: and H: drives are not automatically mapped — Please check SAITNOW – Pandemic Preparedness (SAIT Staff), as well as sait.ca/covid19 (SAIT students) for assistance.
Ensure you are connected to the VPN first
*After they are mapped, it is recommended to create a shortcut on your PC — you can double click on the shortcuts after connecting to the VPN.
Select Start — My Computer — right click “Map a Network Drive”
Select Start — This PC — right click “Map a Network Drive”
Drive Path (your O:drive, copy + paste): \\acdm.ds.sait.ca\rootdfs or \\admn.ds.sait.ca\rootdfs for ADMN staff
Select use other credentials:
Username: acdm\jdoe (SAIT student ID without leading zeroes or staff computer login name – can also be admn\jdoe)
Password: computer login password
For H: Drive requests, please contact the Helpline@sait.ca