Keep it up, keep us safe
- Monitor yourself for COVID-19 symptoms every day — don’t come to campus if you have even minor symptoms.
- If you’re scheduled to be on campus, read and complete the Daily Campus Access Form — and be honest.
- Don’t come to campus if you’re waiting for a COVID-19 test or if you are waiting for your COVID test results.
- Isolate or quarantine as necessary — it’s the law! Don’t stress about missing lab time or exams due to illness, we’ll work with you to make it up.
- Stay two metres apart — avoid crowds, limit close contact.
- Practice good hygiene — wash your hands frequently with soap for at least 20 seconds or use hand sanitizer, cover your cough/sneeze.
- Wear a mask — masks are required inside on campus, everywhere, every time.
- There’s no shame in being sick — take pride in protecting your classmates, colleagues and our community.
Know the symptoms
If you have even one symptom — stay home. If you're unsure — stay home.
Other symptoms of COVID-19 can include chills, painful swallowing, stuffy nose, headache, muscle or joint ache, feeling unwell, fatigue or severe exhaustion, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea or unexplained loss of appetite, loss of sense of smell or taste, conjunctivitis (pink eye). Please stay home and take the AHS online assessment or call 811.
Don’t come to campus if…
Feeling ill? Know what to do
Are you an international student?
Follow safety protocols and keep classes on and COVID away
- If you’re designated to be on campus, read and complete your Daily Campus Access Form before you come to campus each day — and be honest.
- Use the designated building entrance. Don’t prop or hold open doors. Check in with the Student Safety Ambassador at the door.
- Wear a mask — inside, everywhere, all the time.
- Follow the traffic flow signs — move in single file.
- Maintain a physical distance of two meters from other people as much as possible.
- Follow elevator etiquette, take the stairs if possible.
- Don’t wander around buildings or linger on campus after class.
- Follow through on classroom controls — PPE, disinfecting of shared materials, tools, equipment and surfaces.
COVID-19 symptoms on campus? Know what to do
- If you are or have been on campus with symptoms, suspect you might have COVID-19 or have COVID-19, notify Campus Security immediately who will direct you to the on-call Safety and Community Services (SCS) representative at 403.284.8530.
- SCS will review the situation, determine close contacts and identify a safety response.
- Anyone on campus with COVID-19 symptoms will be escorted to a designated isolation space — we will assist you.
Current public health measures
Mandatory, province-wide restrictions are in effect to protect the health system and slow the spread of COVID-19. These restrictions will remain in place until further notice.
Provincial health officials are monitoring the situation and will adjust measures if required.
If you violate a public health order, you may be subject to a $1,000 fine.
In-person gatherings outside of class time are not allowed on campus
- No in-person study groups.
- No in-person group breaks.
- No in-person social gatherings.
If you have classes on campus, you are allowed to be on campus when in class only. SAIT’s Community Peace Officers are authorized to enforce violations to public health orders on campus, including issuing the $1,000 fine.
You may also be subject to non-academic misconduct procedures.