VPN Instructions (Mac)
If you require access to the SAIT internal network you can now download and install the new GlobalProtect VPN client.
Local admin rights are required to download the VPN client. If you don’t have local admin rights, contact the ITS Service Desk:
- Visit the ServiceNow self-service portal.
- Prefer to email? Contact the ITS Service Desk.
- Need immediate classroom or meeting technical support? Call 403.774.5200.
This guide provides instructions on how to download and install the GlobalProtect VPN client for Mac.
This guide provides instructions on how to download and install the GlobalProtect VPN client for MAC. Local admin rights are required to download the VPN client. If you don't have local admin rights, contact the ITS Service Desk:
1. Launch Safari browser.
2. Login to https://portal.sait.ca with your SAIT account (not your SAIT email address).
3. Click Download Mac 32/64 bit GlobalProtect agent hyperlink.
4. After downloading, go to downloads at the bottom right-hand corner, and double click on GlobalProtect.pkg to start the installation.
5. Click Continue on the Install GlobalProtect Installer.
6. Click Continue on Custom Install on ‘System.”
7. Click Install on Standard Install on "System.”
The installation was successful and Global Protect should be located on the top right-hand corner.
Close and choose Keep if you want to keep or Move to Trash if you want to discard the downloaded software.
8. Launch GlobalProtect and enter the address portal.sait.ca.
9. Click Connect
Troubleshooting connection issues
If, when the first time you try to use GlobalPortal, it seems stuck when you click Connect, check your security settings. Go to Apple > System Preferences > Security and Privacy > General.
a. If you see an alert about software from PaloAlto Networks being blocked, click Allow, then close your preferences window.
b. If prompted, enter your computer's administrative user name and password, then click Install Software. If you don't have administrative rights to your school-owned computer, contact your departmental tech support personnel.
c. Restart your Mac.
10. Enter SAIT username and your login password to connect to SAIT VPN.
When successful, you will get the following message.
Ensure you are connected to the VPN first
For H: Drive requests, please contact the ITS Service Desk: