These informative and interactive sessions will introduce students and supporters to Accessibility Services at SAIT, which promotes accessibility and success for students with disabilities and medical conditions within the SAIT community. Topics include:
- Choosing programs that fit interests and abilities
- Understanding how diagnosis and learning domains relate to accommodations and supports
- Learning about reasonable accommodations
- Understanding the roles of students, instructors, accessibility advisors and parents (if applicable)
- Learning about documentation requirements and funding for services and adaptive technologies
Upcoming Session Dates:
- Feb. 27
- Mar. 27
- May. 1
Registration is required. Please contact SAIT Accessibility Services at 403.774.5093 or email email@example.com to register.
All sessions take place from 6 - 7:30 pm in the Lamb Learner Success Centre, room MC221, Stan Grad Centre.
Accessibility Services provides support for students with disabilities within the SAIT community. We also offer accommodations and services for SAIT students with chronic health conditions and mobility, sensory (e.g. vision and hearing), learning, attentional, neurological, psychological, and temporary disabilities (e.g. broken wrist).
Services provided to students with disabilities and health conditions include assistance with funding applications for services and adaptive equipment, facilitation of classroom and examination accommodations, provision of needed equipment loans, consultation and referrals.
Since arranging for accommodations and services and attaining funds for services can take time, please check our documentation guidelines and contact us at least six months before the first day of the semester or training period of your planned start at SAIT.
To ensure your success and for information on how you can begin planning for post-secondary, please refer to the following guide:
- Transition Planning Guide by the Government of Alberta
Exam booking procedure
As of August 2017, Accessibility Services is using a new procedure for booking exams. In order to use this new booking system, you must:
- currently be in a SAIT program (excluding Distance Education)
- be registered with SAIT Accessibility Services
- have updated accommodation memos for the current semester
If you meet this criteria, please complete the online Testing Services Exam Request form to begin booking your exam.
For step-by-step instructions on booking your exam, please see the Student and Instructor exam booking instructions.
Students enrolled in full time 15 week programs must submit final exam booking requests by April 6th, 2017 for the winter semester.
If you need to book an exam through SAIT Accessibility Services and either do not meet this criteria, or have questions about meeting this criteria, please contact SAIT Accessibility Services at 403.774.5093 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Monday to Friday
8 am - 4 pm