Centre for Innovative Information Technology Solutions
The Centre for Innovative IT Solutions (CIITS) was created in 2007. With an initial focus on radio-frequency identification (RFID) research and development, it was previously called the RFID Application Development Lab (RADLab). The 2016 name change to CIITS represents the variety of technology-based projects this research group now engages in with industry clients to customize existing systems or develop new software.
Software and Hardware Research and Innovation
CIITS is a world-leader in the development of novel RFID technologies and applications for animal tracking, asset management and RFID cattle tag testing. The research team develops its own hardware and software tools to assist in the field testing of ultra-high-frequency (UHF) RFID animal tags and tracking systems. These real-world scenarios demonstrate the value of novel technologies to industry stakeholders. The research team also develops its own back-haul communications networks that allow for its custom-built hardware devices to communicate back to local servers or to SAIT.
CIITS also employs several software developers and electronics technicians to facilitate the development of more complex devices and their associated data tools. CIITS continues to work with industry partners to develop tools and provide the expertise they require to take their innovative technologies to market.
- Asset management, process and technology improvement
- Software development to support RFID technologies
- Hardware integration to support expanded RFID capabilities in existing systems
- Vendor-neutral software and hardware integration
- Distributed wireless sensor networks that facilitate automated inventory reading, processes or systems
- Advanced Mobile Labs
- Centre for Innovative Information Technology Solutions
- Chemical and Environmental Analysis Lab
- Composites Fabrication Lab
- Enerplus Centre for Innovation
- Green Building Technology Lab
- Industry Innovation Labs
- Kinetica Innovation Centre
- Materials Testing Lab
- Process Operations Lab
- Solar Lab Green Building Technologies
- Solar Roller
- Solids Modeling Lab
- Technology Demonstration Hall