Your complete guide to Spring 2022
Welcome to the new semester! Spring has sprung at SAIT — time to get yourself set up for the next four months, whether you’re a new student or coming back for your next term. Not sure where to start? We’ve got you.
First, go through the list of important dates, deadlines, services and opportunities you’ll want to know about to make the most of your time at SAIT. Add them to your planner, app, spreadsheet — however you keep track of time.
Next, make it yours. Add the due dates from your courses and the events in your life. Watch your SAIT email each week for your SAIT Update and stay up to date with your SAIT community.
Finally, don’t forget to schedule time for fun! Calgary’s close to the mountains and other fun staycation destinations.
Get your term organized
Keep track of the important dates for the Spring 2022 term. If your program is shorter than 15 weeks, some of these dates may be different for you, confirm with your program coordinator.
- May 9 – 20: Add/drop period for most full-time programs
- May 18: Self-registration for Summer 2022 opens
- May 20: Final day to opt-out or add family to Saitsa Health and Dental Benefits Plan for programs starting in May
- May 20: Final day to receive recognition of prior learning for the spring/summer term and receive a full tuition refund
- May 20: Tuition payment deadline for continuing students
- May 23: Victoria Day (SAIT closed)
- July 1: Canada Day (SAIT closed)
- July 8: Calgary Stampede Parade Day (SAIT closed until 1 pm)
- July 22: Course withdrawal (15-week courses)
- Aug. 1: Heritage Day (SAIT closed)
Get your phone ready for day one with all the apps you need. Remember to add your SAIT email too so you don’t miss any critical reminders.
- SAITALERT is the official safety app of SAIT. Find emergency info and contacts, and SAIT’s virtual safe walk. Enable notifications to receive alerts in emergency situations.
- Brightspace Pulse app brings your course material to your mobile device.
- Office 365 is available for all students and includes a whole suite of apps. Download Outlook to get your SAIT email to your phone, Teams to stay connected with your class.
- Ellucian GO can be used to check your schedule, view final grades and get directions to buildings at SAIT.
- headversity is your personal resilience coach and free to all SAIT students. Download it now and build your six skills of resilience.
- Calgary Transit’s MyFare app is for eligible students to access your UPass using your mobile device.
- Use the QLess app to check in to line at the Office of the Registrar at AA211 (second floor), Heritage Hall, SAIT main campus.
- BONUS: follow @HereAtSAIT on Instagram and share your great SAIT moments with #HereAtSAIT.
💻 Find all the details to get your online learning tools and software set up too.
🛎 Service you’ll need: Office of the Registrar for registration, withdrawal, transcripts, graduation, credentials, payment, confirmation of enrolment, transfer options, and more.
📅 Starting Off Right - Skills for In-Person Learning
Get involved in your SAIT community
Your SAIT experience is more than your courses. Broaden your connection to campus, add to your co-curricular record and have some fun.
- Build your co-curricular record to beef up your resumé, polish your skills and meet other students from across SAIT.
- Join Saitsa, your students’ association, to shape your future through volunteer or employment opportunities, student clubs and the Board of Directors.
- Connect with other SAIT students — be a peer mentor or get a peer mentor. ⏱ The deadline to apply for Spring 2022 is Friday, May 13.
- Develop your leadership capacity with the Student Leadership program — check out the open postings for Spring 2022.
- Join the English Conversation Partners program to improve your spoken English or volunteer and add to your co-curricular record.
- Attend Inclusion Talks to learn from others’ experiences and viewpoints as we work towards building a more inclusive campus. Watch your SAIT Update for upcoming events.
Focus on your well-being
Maintaining positive mental health and well-being is a key factor in your success as a student, in your career and in life. There’s no magic formula, but there are ways everyone can thrive at SAIT. Start building your skills and learn more about the resources available today, to be more prepared for both everyday life and times of difficulty.
📖 Guide: Focus on well-being
🛎 Service you’ll need: Student Development and Counselling for appointments and drop-ins for personal, educational and career counselling.
Find your academic success
You’re here to learn what you need to know in your chosen program, and we’re here to support you. Make an appointment with an academic coach, find a tutor and attend a workshop or a seminar.
🛎 Service you’ll need: Lamb Learner Success Centre for academic coaching, tutoring, testing services, and accessibility services. Reg Erhardt Library for research support, citation help, study rooms, to borrow a laptop and more.
📅 Writing workshops (Tuesdays)
- Anti-procrastination for papers | May 10, noon | Register now
- Sentence structure | May 17, noon | Register now
- Coherency and flow | May 24, noon | Register now
- Integrating quotes and paraphrases | May 31, noon | Register now
- Basics of plagiarism | June 7, noon | Register now
📅 Success seminars (Wednesdays)
- Activate your study skills | May 11, noon | Register now
- Master time management | May 18, noon | Register now
- Get what you need from what you read | May 25, noon | Register now
- Take better notes | June 1, noon | Register now
- Improve your memory | June 8, noon | Register now
- Write exams like a pro | June 15, noon | Register now
On-campus reminders and COVID-19 resources
- Full COVID-19 vaccination and disclosure of vaccination status are not required to attend campus, though being vaccinated is strongly encouraged.
- Though masks are no longer required, please consider wearing a mask for an added layer of protection indoors in both public and private settings. Be kind and respect the right of those choosing to wear or not wear a mask.
- SAIT employees and students are invited to pick up COVID-19 home rapid tests for their personal use — view pickup locations and times.
Check out these resources supporting our return to campus:
Sait.ca Website Feedback
Hello, we'd love to hear your feedback about our website...