Public Sector Compensation Disclosure
Public sector bodies are required to disclose the information twice per year:
- June 30 - compensation for the period Jan 1-Dec 31 from the previous calendar year
- Dec 31 - severance for the period Jan 1-June 30 from the first half of the calendar year
Public sector bodies are required to post online the names and amount of compensation and severance paid to:
- all board members
- employees who earn over the threshold value
The applicable calendar year threshold is:
|Disclosure Year||Threshold||Disclosure Period|
|June 2016 Compensation||$125,000||January 1 - December 31, 2015|
|June 2017 Compensation||$126,375||January 1 - December 31, 2016|
|December 2017 Severance||$127,765||January 1 - June 30, 2017|
Under the Public Service Compensation Disclosure Policy, compensation, including salary, benefits and severance amounts for employees with base salaries or severance payments of equal to or greater than the annual threshold are available in the linked dataset. The information will be publically available for five years from the date of disclosure.
This is a requirement under the Public Sector Compensation Transparency Act, which applies to:
- agencies, boards, and commissions governed by the Alberta Public Agencies Governance Act
- independant offices of the Legislature
- employees of Covenant Health.
Learn more about agencies, boards, and commissions.
Learn more about the Public Sector Compensation Transparency Act.
Manager, Labour Relations
Click here to download.