#SAITfaces: Clarence Hollingworth
Happy 106th birthday to our oldest known alumnus #hereatSAIT, Clarence Hollingworth! To mark the occasion, we’re proud to share his SAIT story through #SAITfaces. ❤️
Clarence and SAIT go way back…
- At six-years-old, Clarence witnessed the laying of the cornerstone for the main building of the Provincial Institute of Technology and Art (PITA), which is now SAIT's Heritage Hall.
- In 1934, after returning to SAIT, Clarence graduated from the industrial electrical program.
- In 1952, Clarence was hired as an instructor in the electrical department and taught for nearly three decades.
- In 2015, Clarence was recognized with an honorary Bachelor of Science degree at convocation — during his speech, he said, "May each of you enjoy your career as much as I did in my 28 years teaching at SAIT."
- To mark his 103rd birthday in 2018, a student award was created in Clarence’s name. This award, generously supported by friends, family and SAIT employees honours Clarence's lifelong connection to SAIT. Learn more about the Clarence Hollingworth Scholarship, or make a gift.
Happy birthday, Clarence! We’re proud to know and celebrate you. 🎉