On-Campus Day* - Your course activity is done in-person Monday - Friday, before 6 PM.
On-Campus Evening/Weekend - Your course activity is done in person on weekdays from 6 PM or later, or Saturdays and Sundays.
Online Day* - Your course activity is done online Monday - Friday, before 6 PM.
Online Evening/Weekend - Your course activity is done online on weekdays from 6 PM or later, or Saturdays and Sundays.
Online Flexible Delivery - Your course activity is not scheduled and therefore you can determine when to do the coursework.
Blended Delivery - Both On-Campus and Online - Some of your coursework will be in-person, on-campus and some will be done online.
* There may be circumstances that require some day delivery of classes to be scheduled into the evenings.
Please note due to the COVID-19 pandemic, these delivery options may shift from term to term. Please consult your program for details on delivery options.
Estimated program length is based on the recommended course load per semester as outlined in the Courses tab.
Actual program length will vary based on the number of courses/credits successfully completed per semester.
Want to build and launch innovative products that provide users with a delightful digital experience? User Experience (UX) Design is an emerging and in-demand role in Alberta — now is the perfect time to upskill or discover new career opportunities.
Through hands-on, experiential learning, you’ll discover what it’s like to work on a product team by collaborating on a capstone project with real-world clients. Graduates will leave with a diverse portfolio, showcasing digital skills and design stories to employers.
User experience is becoming more important than ever as companies realize that creating an accessible and positive user experience for their products and services is vital for organizational success and gaining a competitive advantage in a highly competitive marketplace. This is reflected in the current demand for user experience designers in Alberta in almost every industry – media, telecom, insurance, healthcare, financial services, transportation, retail, education, government and more. An emerging role in technical teams, UX Designers work as part of a team with product managers and technical resources to create delightful experiences.
In this immersive 12-week program, you will use design thinking and apply your UX skills by working directly with a product manager and a software development team — in an agile setting — to build a technical product that solves real problems for a real client. Graduates of this program will come away with a foundation in UX Design and the ability to add immediate value, with an in-depth understanding the role of UX, and the collaborative nature of working within a product team.
What you’ll learn
UX foundational skills:
- Design fundamentals
- Psychology fundamentals
- Understanding user vs. business needs
- Human-centered design
- Problem framing and prioritization techniques
- Finding and reporting insights
- UX research and documentation
- Viable solutions (people, business and tech)
- User Interface (UI) design fundamentals
- UX/UI tools
- Preventing scope creep and improving focus
- Solutioning techniques
- Story mapping
- Design Systems for the product
- Usability testing
- Validating and reframing insights
- Communications for high-performing teams
- Emotional intelligence (EQ)
- Agile mindset and methods
Get important updates about our business and tech programs
This UX Design Bootcamp provides you with great foundational skills to start a career pathway into the following roles:
- Product Designer
- UX Designer
- Visual Designer
- User Interface (UI) Designer
- Interaction Designer
- Service Designer
Tuition and funding
The Applied User Experience Design Bootcamp course fee is $3,750.
Funding may be available to SAIT alumni – please contact us to learn more about funding options.
This program is suited to applicants with certain skills and a growth mindset. Learn more on admission requirements.
When can I apply?
- Applications for Fall 2022 are accepted until Sept. 5, 2022.
|Classes begin||Start date|
|Fall 2022||Sept. 17, 2022|
- The application deadline for this bootcamp is Sept 5, 2022.
This program is best suited to applicants with the following skills and mindset:
- Early to mid-career worker with some professional experience
- Digitally literate, comfortable with technology
- Growth mindset
- Comfortable working cross-functionally, and presenting information to many teams
- While not required, the program is particularly suited to people with a background in advertising, communications, marketing, web or app development, customer service or hospitality
- Proof of English proficiency required
- No coding or programming experience needed
The first step is to complete the online application form and include a copy of your current resume.
Our team will review your application within the next business day, and one of our Talent and Career Specialists will contact you to arrange a short interview. Admission will be extended on a first-qualified, first-offered basis until the program is full.
Delivery and support
This program is offered part-time on evenings and weekends — allowing you to continue your job search or learn while working.
Classes run Tuesday (evening), Thursday (evening), and Saturday (daytime).
This is a 12-week immersive, hands-on program.
- There will be about 4 – 6 hours per week of self-learning, combined with 9 hours of in-class theory and hands-on project work
- Includes project work where you are consolidating your knowledge and skillsets to complete a project with a product manager.
- Begin building a unique, rich and differentiated professional UX design portfolio to showcase your capabilities, mindset, and skillsets in research, critical thinking, problem-solving, communication and collaboration.
Becoming a UX Designer is an attainable goal. For those looking for work, our career services team provides support to help you find a job, interview and position yourself as a key team member. We’ll provide:
- Awareness of potential roles and opportunities after completing this program and additional skills needed to pursue other complementary/specialized roles.
- Strategies and tactics to search for and connect with relevant employment opportunities.
- Resume writing, interviewing, and personal branding.
- Creation of a unique digital portfolio of work demonstrating skills in program competencies.
- Networking through guest speakers, panel discussions, industry events and industry projects.
- Opportunities to connect with local organizations that have mature UX practices, along with local experts with experience in the field.
We’re here to help you from the start!
Our team of Talent and Career Specialists will work with you to find the right program and help you through the application process. To begin, connect with us and an advisor will contact you within the next business day.