On this page:
Lead the way in product management through innovation and discovery. In this immersive program, you will use design thinking and learn to work with a team to create products that solve real-world problems.
This unique 12-week part-time Applied Product Management Bootcamp program, delivered in partnership with Tacit Edge, is designed to empower early to mid-career professionals to upskill or discover new career opportunities in an increasingly digital world.
This program is perfect for individuals with a growth mindset looking to acquire skills in product discovery, vision and strategy, analytics, and leadership to build and launch innovative products.
Graduates of the program will come away with an understanding of how to use product management practices to be the bridge between the customer, business, and technology — becoming a product management leader.
We’ll also support you in building your business and product management network to support your career growth.
Join us and our experienced product management professionals as you evolve your skills to meet the growing demand for product managers in Alberta’s emerging technology-driven economy.
On this episode, we sit down with project manager Mai Khalil to find out how product management professionals lead multidisciplinary teams and bridge the gap between the customer, business and technology.
This bootcamp will help you develop the following skills:
- Product discovery techniques
- User research techniques
- UX testing
- Product prototyping
- Product management tools (Trello, Jira, Aha!)
- Agile scoping and estimating techniques
- Release planning
- Success measurement
- Product analytics
- Market gap and opportunity identification
- Product leadership skills
- Vision and strategy creation
- Group facilitation skills
- Stakeholder management
- Building empowered teams
- Presentation skills
- Communications for high-performing teams
- Agile mindset and methods
- Design thinking and user-experience design
Becoming a product management professional is an attainable goal.
If you're looking for work, our career services team will help you find a job, interview and position yourself as a key team member.
We’ll provide the following:
- awareness of potential roles and opportunities after completing this program and additional skills needed to pursue other complementary/specialized roles
- strategies and tactics to search for and connect with relevant employment opportunities
- resume writing, interviewing, and personal branding
- creation of a personal portfolio of work demonstrating skills in program competencies
- networking through guest speakers, panel discussions, industry events and industry projects
- opportunities to connect with local organizations with mature UX practices and local experts with experience in the field.
Our Talent and Career Specialists team will work with you to find the right program and help you through the application process.
To begin, connect with us, and an advisor will contact you within the next business day.
The Digital Transformation Bootcamp – Applied Product Management has been developed by working closely with industry and education partners. We are proud to deliver the program in partnership with Product Calgary and Tacit Edge.
Tacit Edge is a product consulting company founded by leaders with decades of experience working with the world’s biggest companies, such as Apple, Google, Microsoft, and Morgan Stanley, with on-the-ground, real-life experience building unicorn start-ups. Tacit Edge’s mission is to fuel the Alberta economy with empowered, innovative, and diverse product leaders that embody the entrepreneurial spirit. They do this through personalized training and coaching that helps individuals and teams become the leaders they were meant to be.
This program is best suited to applicants with the following skills and mindset:
- an early to mid-career worker with some work experience
- digitally literate, comfortable with technology
- proof of English proficiency.
No technology industry or coding experience is required.
You should be:
- open to change and learning
- curious and enjoy solving complex or simple problems
- comfortable working cross-functionally and presenting information to many teams
- interested in technology and working with software developers.
- Domestic students: Open
Application deadline: Jan. 6, 2024
Tuition and fees
The Applied Product Management Bootcamp course fee is $3,750.
Funding may be available to SAIT alumni. Please contact us to learn more about funding options.
This program is offered part-time evenings and weekends — allowing you to continue your job search or learn while working.
Classes run on Tuesday evening, Thursday evening, and every other Wednesday evening.
This is a 12-week immersive, hands-on program:
- There will be about 4 – 6 hours per week of self-learning, combined with nine hours of in-class theory and hands-on project work.
- We will work with you to help you understand your strengths and areas for growth.
- This program will be a combination of online instructor-led learning and self-directed learning.
- You will work on real industry projects and have exposure to various experts working in applied product management.
Prepare for a strong start in your chosen program or get the details you need to decide your future path.
Our expert staff and faculty are ready to answer your questions and provide information about the following:
- What sets SAIT apart
- An introduction to the program and area of study
- Admission requirements
- Future career paths
- Information on the earning potential and graduate employment rates.
Prepare for a strong start and get the details you need to make a decision about your future. Our expert staff and faculty are ready to answer your questions, and provide information about: