Dual-Credit Science of Health and Wellness
Designed for: students in grade 11
Length: 4 months
Intake: Winter 2024
In this course, you will examine the physiological and psychological aspects of health and wellness. Topics include physical fitness, musculoskeletal health and cardiorespiratory health; nutrition and weight management; mental health and stress management; infectious and chronic diseases; the effects of consumerism on health and health care; and the promotion of healthy lifestyles and healthy aging.
Is this the right fit for me?
- are interested in pursuing other post-secondary education
- enjoy working in a collaborative group environment
- are comfortable independently completing online coursework
Pathways to post-secondary
The course is a science elective in the following SAIT programs:
- Bachelor of Business Administration (Majors: Accounting, Financial Services, Human Resource Management, Management, Marketing, Supply Chain Management)
- Bachelor of Science Construction Project Management
- Bachelor of Hospitality and Tourism Management
- Hospitality and Tourism Management
Students should be entering grade 11 or 12 in the same academic year as they begin SCIE-2230.
There may be other pre-requisite or co-requisites required by the school board for admission into this dual-credit program. Check with your local school board for further information.
To qualify for graduation from SAIT, students must pass all courses, attain a CGPA of 2.0 or better and complete the course requirements within the prescribed timelines.
|Course Code||Course Name||SAIT Credits||High School Credits|
|SCIE-2230||Science of Health and Wellness||3.0||5.0|