First Day Checklist
Welcome to SAIT's Youth Programs — we're happy to have you join us! Find out everything you need to prepare for your first day of camp.
It’s camp time at SAIT! Make sure your first day is smooth sailing with this quick checklist:
In-person camp checklist:
- Complete your Child Information Waiver (CIW) form before your first day.
- Campers will be given a camp t-shirt, which must be worn each day.
- From shirts to shoes – review the complete dress code requirements for your child’s camp.
- Remember to pack snacks and a water bottle for your camper – even if they are on the registered lunch program.
- Campers in academic camps should be dropped off in the Aldred Centre.
- Parking is free for 30 minutes in P3 – do not insert your credit card, just take a ticket from the kiosk and insert the same ticket on your way out.
- Before camp care begins at 7:30 am – campers can be dropped off any time between 7:30 am – 9 am.
- After camp care begins at 4 pm – campers can be picked up between 4 – 5:30 pm in their respective drop-off and pick-up locations.
- Ensure you have government-issued photo ID ready to present at pick-up times.
- Double-check your child’s information with camp leaders when you arrive on the first morning.
Virtual camp checklist:
- Complete your online Child Information Waiver (CIW) form before your first day. This is done at time of registration.
- Purchase any required supplies for your chosen camp. Supplies lists for every camp will become available on our website and emailed to registrants come mid-June.
- Check for your Zoom access link. This will be sent out by email the Wednesday prior to your specific camp beginning.
- Access to a strong internet connection and a computer is recommended (PC or Mac).
- This session is interactive! Campers will have their cameras and microphones on (if comfortable) and be able to chat with other participants and your Youth Program Leader.
- Snack Break – there will be a short snack break mid-way through your session (if registered in Gr. 1-6 camps), so feel free to have a water bottle and healthy snack ready to go.
- Be ready to move! Youth Program Leaders will plan activities to get you up and moving throughout the session.
- Prepare to have fun!
Review our full policy and procedures for all the details.