Registration and delivery
Spark curiosity and nurture your students’ digital literacy with our Art of the Possible workshops.
We are happy to offer these sessions for youth and their parents now as well!
We are excited to begin our digital transformation journey with you. Registration is simple, so let’s get started! If you have any questions, please contact us and one of our program experts will get in touch with you soon.
Field trip to SAIT: Digital Youth Studio
Digital Youth Studio is an evolving digital studio located at the heart of SAIT’s main campus. Digital Youth Studio is a catalyst for digital intelligence for youth, enabling and empowering participants with the mindset and skills to create, evolve, and make a difference in our digital futures.
Designed for teachers and students in Grades 6 – 10, the 4-hour field trip experience at the Digital Youth Studio will remove technology equity barriers and transform the abstract ideas of emerging technologies into tangible hands-on experiences for all youth.
The field trip experience at the Digital Youth Studio follows the below schedule:
- Introduction to SAIT, SADT, Digital Intelligence, and pre-survey (30 mins)
- Art of the Possible Workshop (75 mins) MODULAR
- Break (30 mins)
- Art of the Possible Workshop (75 mins) MODULAR
- Tour of SAIT, takeaway information and post-survey (30 mins)
Total time: 4 hours
Digital Youth in-school field trip
Can’t make it to SAIT? The Digital Youth team can come to you! The Digital Youth team will be able to deliver one 90 – 120 minutes Art of the Possible session of your choosing. We offer Cybersecurity, 3D modeling & Printing, Virtual Reality & Augmented Reality, and Digital Intelligence & Digital Citizenship.
Requirements for an in-school field trip:
- Each student will be required to have access to a computer/laptop to participate in the workshop.
- Teachers are encouraged to utilize space with access to a projector, so students are able to follow the workshop while working on their individual devices.
- Explore all program areas available at Digital Youth. We offer workshop experiences covering a diverse range of digital topics.
- Register your class for a workshop using our online registration portal.
- Once registration is complete, you’ll automatically receive a confirmation email. The confirmation email will include a Release and Waiver Form that must be signed and completed by each participating student’s parent/guardian and emailed back to us at least three business days before the start date of the registered session.
- Participants will complete a pre-workshop survey. The survey is anonymous and will be used to improve our programming and the learning experience. We ask that all students please complete the pre-workshop survey before participating in the program. The survey will be sent to the teacher/educator who completed the registration.
- If we are coming to your school for the session, students will need a computer or laptop to participate in the workshop. If possible, we encourage teachers to utilize space with a projector – this allows students to follow the workshop while working on their individual devices.
- This is the fun part! Whether we are coming to your school, or you are coming to SAIT, you will get to experience and engage in the Art of the Possible.
- Participants will complete a post-workshop survey. The survey is anonymous and will be used to improve our programming and the learning experience. The survey will be sent to the teacher/educator who completed the registration.
- Register in another Art of the Possible workshop!
How to register
PLEASE NOTE: Current Digital Youth programs are available only for teachers and educators to register for classes and groups.
Registration is simple, and we've included instructions at each step to help you along the way. Here are a few tips to help you get started:
- Registration should be completed online using our registration portal.
- If this is your first time, you'll need to create a new account to get started. In the registration portal, please enter your own name under ‘New user sign-up. If you've registered your class for a workshop in the past, simply sign in as a returning user.
- Teachers should only register their own classes.
- When registering you will be prompted to complete the Teacher–Digital Youth Waiver Form. Please complete this form to confirm your registration.
- The programs have no charges and registration is free.
Digital Youth participant release and waiver form
Once registration is complete, you’ll automatically receive a confirmation email.
Please note: If you are a school within the Palliser Regional Division, the Calgary Roman Catholic Separate School District, a Charter School, or a Private School, the confirmation email will include a Student Release and Waiver Form that must be signed and completed by each participating student’s parent/guardian. All waiver forms must be emailed back to us at email@example.com at least three (3) business days before the start date of the registered session.
Participation in the workshops is free, but we kindly request that all participants complete an anonymous survey before and after the workshop. The surveys will be used to improve our programming and the learning experience.
Program length and timing
When coming to a field trip to SAIT, the Digital Youth Studio experience will be a 4-hour field trip that includes your choice of two Art of the Possible workshops. The experience will run from 9 am to 1 pm.
If we are coming to you for a Digital Youth in-school field trip, you will choose one Art of the Possible workshop that will run for 90 – 120 minutes. Teachers can select a specific time that works best for their class periods within the available workshop time frame of 9 am to noon.
For example, if the workshop time frame is 9 am to noon, teachers can select any start time between 9 and 10 am (must allow for at least 90 – 120 minutes to complete the workshop before the end of the timeframe).
Alternative times can be scheduled by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Each workshop has an ideal capacity of 24 students. Capacity can be increased but may impact the quality and duration of the workshop. The maximum capacity of the program is dictated by the equipment we have access to. The participant capacity can be increased in some scenarios, please reach out to email@example.com if you have any questions about workshop sizes.
Cancellation and questions
If you have questions or need to cancel your session, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org at least three business days prior to the start date of your workshop.
We look forward to seeing you in a workshop soon!
It was very well done with engaging activities. It was a new experience for most students and I think it opened a lot of doors for them. The only issue we had was on our end with the internet connection so some things were a little bit choppy. If we could have access to any videos involved in the presentation that would be awesome! Thank you again for allowing us to participate