SAIT Summer Camps Bursary Program
*The SAIT Summer Camps Bursary Program is now closed.*
SAIT Youth Programs offer a unique blend of trades, technology, business, and STEM camps. SAIT acknowledges that financial challenges can prevent youth from finding and exploring their passion in any of these fields.
Thanks to different sponsors we are able to offer a limited number of camp bursaries to children and youth to attend our Summer Camps.
Camp bursaries are available to families on the basis of financial need. A camp bursary will cover the full tuition of a one-week camp. Camps that are upward of one-week are not eligible for our bursary program. Each bursary is limited to one camp per child. Families who would like to send multiple children to camp are able to apply for one bursary per child.
Bursary funds are distributed on the basis of financial need and are granted to those who would not be able to attend even one camp without financial assistance. Enrolling and paying for your child to attend an additional SAIT camp when you have applied for and/or received a bursary, will result in your child being disqualified from bursary consideration and/or the cancellation of his/her bursary funding.
Although every effort is made to award a bursary to the camps selected in the application, there is no guarantee of space available in the preferred camps. Please note that failure to attend a camp for which your child has received a bursary or families that do not provide required information (including a bursary thank you letter) may be considered ineligible for future bursaries.
Please note bursary applications are no longer being accepted for the current year as the program is now closed.
The Summer Camps Bursary Program will accept bursary applications on an ongoing basis. Please apply a minimum of one week prior to the first day of camp that you are interested in enrolling in.
Bursary applications are assessed in the order they are received. We strongly encourage you to apply early.
Bursary application instructions
Those who are applying for a bursary should not register for camps — participants will be registered for camp if they are selected as a successful bursary applicant.
Bursaries are considered in the order in which they are received, and priority is given to families who have not received a bursary in the past.
- Complete the bursary application and registration forms below for all children for whom you are applying for a bursary.
- Include supporting documentation (see below) and all accompanying application documents.
- Submit the completed bursary application with supporting documents by emailing them to email@example.com.
All applicants will be contacted via email no later than 4 weeks after their complete bursary application is received. Upon successful acceptance into the bursary program, applicants will be required to complete the Child Information and Waiver form for their child(ren).
- Incomplete applications will result in processing delays and jeopardize the consideration of your application. We will contact you as soon as possible if your application is incomplete.
- Due to the volume of applications we receive, we ask that you do not contact us regarding the status of your application.
Supporting documentation required:
Please include your proof of income. We welcome the submission of any other supporting documents (see below) with your application, but they are not required. We may request additional supporting documentation to verify your eligibility if necessary.
Proof of Income: For each adult in the household, please provide a copy of their current, official Canada Revenue Agency Notice of Assessment, which includes Line 150 (total income).
- Income Support: If you are receiving Income Support, please provide us with a current document that shows this.
- AISH: If you are receiving AISH, please provide us with a current document that shows this.
- Alberta Child Health Benefit: Please provide us with a letter stating that you are currently eligible for the Alberta Child Health Benefit.
- Alberta Adult Health Benefit: Please provide a copy of your Alberta Works Letter that shows you are currently on this program.
- Refugee Status: Please provide a copy of any government document that confirms you are currently receiving support under the Resettlement Assistance Program or Interim Federal Health Program.
Bursary program regulations
Campers granted a bursary are expected to attend the camp for which they are registered and for which they have received bursary funding. Failure to attend the camp for which bursary funding has been received will result in ineligibility for future bursary funding.
Campers granted a bursary are also required to write a thank you letter c/o SAIT Summer Camps. This thank you letter is due on the last day of camp and should address the meaning of the camp experience the camper had — new things that were learned, new interests, new ideas for careers, new friends. Failure to provide the thank you letter will result in ineligibility for future bursary funding.
Bursary funds are distributed on the basis of financial need and are granted to those who would not be able to attend even one camp without financial assistance. Priority will be given to families who have not received a bursary in the past.
Please note: Enrolling and paying for your child to attend another SAIT Summer Camp when you have applied for and/or received a bursary, will result in your child being disqualified from bursary consideration and/or the cancellation of his/her bursary funding.
In the event that you withdraw your child(ren) from SAIT Summer Camps before the camp commences, you are required to call SAIT Summer Camps at 403.210.5650. We will arrange for your child's withdrawal from the camp and will give the bursary to another approved applicant.
Failure to notify us that you have withdrawn your child(ren) before or during the camp will result in your child being disqualified from all camp bursary considerations in the future.
Camp bursaries will only be transferred to a different camp if the camp your child is enrolled in is cancelled by SAIT. SAIT can only transfer the bursary to camps with available space.
Bursaries will not be transferred due to parent/child request to attend a different camp. Bursaries are non-transferable to a different recipient.