On-Campus Day* - Your course activity is done in-person Monday - Friday, before 6 PM.
On-Campus Evening/Weekend - Your course activity is done in person on weekdays from 6 PM or later, or Saturdays and Sundays.
Online Day* - Your course activity is done online Monday - Friday, before 6 PM.
Online Evening/Weekend - Your course activity is done online on weekdays from 6 PM or later, or Saturdays and Sundays.
Online Flexible Delivery - Your course activity is not scheduled and therefore you can determine when to do the coursework.
Blended Delivery - Both On-Campus and Online - Some of your coursework will be in-person, on-campus and some will be done online.
* There may be circumstances that require some day delivery of classes to be scheduled into the evenings.
Please note due to the COVID-19 pandemic, these delivery options may shift from term to term. Please consult your program for details on delivery options.
Estimated program length is based on the recommended course load per semester as outlined in the Courses tab.
Actual program length will vary based on the number of courses/credits successfully completed per semester.
If you like thinking outside the box and get energized at creating value through efficiency — you’ll love Robotic Process Automation (RPA). Build fully functional automation processes as you learn the latest technology and theory in RPA.
Organizations across all industries — from energy to finance, healthcare and more — are realizing the benefits of RPA in their digital transformation process. RPA provides opportunities to spend time and resources on the more strategic, value-add aspects of business operations, with applications in finance, accounting, customer service, human resources, supply chain and more.
Graduates of the RPA bootcamp will have a foundational RPA skillset augmented with an understanding of strategy and industry best practices — a combination designed to prepare you for the evolving demands of the workforce as technology continues to transform the economy. Globally informed but locally driven, this bootcamp is perfect for early to mid-career professionals who are interested in becoming an RPA developer, analyst or architect. As a new graduate, you’ll bring immediate value to any company looking to implement or scale its RPA practices.
What you’ll learn
Delivered in partnership with Blue Prism University, RPA bootcamp graduates will be equipped to:
- work closely with customers and colleagues to understand current operation procedures, program objectives, and business requirements that drive the design and development of RPA technical solutions
- participate in the full RPA lifecycle, including planning, coding, testing and documentation
- utilize Agile methods to design, develop and deploy digital workers.
In addition to technical RPA skills, graduates will develop in-demand skills sought by employers, including:
- Communications for high-performing teams
- Emotional intelligence (EQ)
- Agile mindset and methods
- Design thinking and user-experience design
Get important updates about our business and tech programs
This program provides a great foundation for pathways into the following roles, or to leverage RPA in your existing role.
- RPA Analyst
- PA Project Manager
- RPA Solutions Architect / Designer
- RPA Developer
- RPA Quality Assurance
- RPA Governance
- RPA Controller
Tuition and funding
The Applied Robotic Process Automation Bootcamp course fee is $3,750.
Funding may be available to SAIT alumni – please contact us to learn more about funding options.
This program is suited to applicants with certain skills and a growth mindset. Learn more on admission requirements.
When can I apply?
- Applications for Fall 2022 were accepted up until Sept. 5, 2022.
|Classes begin||Start date|
|Fall 2022||Sept. 17, 2022|
The workforce is changing at an unprecedented pace. Industries in Alberta, and around the world, need new ways to create efficiencies as they face rising costs and labour shortages.
RPA is emerging as one of the most in-demand solutions. Discover why Blue Prism, a global leader in intelligent automation, is partnering with the School for Advanced Digital Technology to give you the most cutting-edge, industry-leading RPA skills and techniques.
- The application deadline for this bootcamp is Monday, Sept. 5 2022.
This program is best suited to applicants with the following skills and mindset:
- Early to mid-career worker with some professional experience
- Digitally literate, comfortable with technology
- Growth mindset
- Interested in emerging low-code technology
- Curious and enjoy solving problems
- Comfortable working cross-functionally, and presenting information to many teams
- Proof of English proficiency required
- No coding or programming experience is needed (we start you out using low code platforms, so the focus is on creating value for an organization, not overwhelming you with coding)
- No technology industry experience needed
- Application process
The first step is to complete the online application form and include a copy of your current resume.
Our team will review your application within the next business day, and one of our Talent and Career Specialists will contact you to arrange a short interview. Admission will be extended on a first-qualified, first-offered basis until the program is full.
Delivery and support
This program is offered part-time on evenings and weekends — allowing you to continue your job search or learn while working.
Classes run Tuesday (evening), Thursday (evening), and Saturday (daytime).
This is a 12-week program with a “flipped classroom” delivery:
- This means there will be about four hours per week of self-learning, combined with three hours of in-class theory and 6 hours of hands-on project work.
- You will highlight your knowledge and skillsets by completing 1-2 automation projects with a team, which include all elements of the RPA Development Lifecycle — this requires gathering, documentation, process mapping, implementation, building automation processes, testing, deployment and support.
- All steps will be guided by industry mentors and coaches.
Becoming an RPA Developer is an achievable goal, even if you are not interested in coding. SAIT can support your career search by connecting you to key organizations looking for RPA talent. We’ll provide:
- Awareness of potential roles and opportunities after completing this program and added skills needed to pursue other complementary/specialized roles.
- Strategies and tactics to search for and connect with relevant employment opportunities.
- Support for effective resume writing, interviewing and personal branding.
- Creation of a unique digital portfolio of work proving your skills in program competencies.
- Networking through guest speakers, panel discussions, industry events and industry projects.
We’re here to help you from the start!
Our team of Talent and Career Specialists will work with you to find the right program and help you through the application process. To begin, connect with us and an advisor will contact you within the next business day.