On-Campus Day* - Your course activity is done in-person Monday - Friday, before 6 PM.
On-Campus Evening/Weekend - Your course activity is done in person on weekdays from 6 PM or later, or Saturdays and Sundays.
Online Day* - Your course activity is done online Monday - Friday, before 6 PM.
Online Evening/Weekend - Your course activity is done online on weekdays from 6 PM or later, or Saturdays and Sundays.
Online Flexible Delivery - Your course activity is not scheduled and therefore you can determine when to do the coursework.
Blended Delivery - Both On-Campus and Online - Some of your coursework will be in-person, on-campus and some will be done online.
* There may be circumstances that require some day delivery of classes to be scheduled into the evenings.
Apprentice training delivery
Blended learning delivery method - your course activity is done on-campus and online. It includes scheduled classes and labs, as well as unscheduled coursework. Lab work will continue to be on campus.
Standard delivery method - your course activity is done on-campus in classrooms and labs.
Block release delivery type - your course activity has a fixed start and completion date. You will leave work and attend school for that period.
Weekly apprenticeship training system (WATS) delivery type - your course activity is done in shorter segments over an extended period. You can continue to work full-time while attending school.
Learn more about apprenticeship delivery methods and types at tradesecrets.alberta.ca.
Please note due to the COVID-19 pandemic, these delivery options may shift from term to term. Please consult your program for details on delivery options.
Estimated program length is based on the recommended course load per semester as outlined in the Courses tab.
Actual program length will vary based on the number of courses registered in and successfully completed per semester.
Learn more about program length on SAIT Credentials and the Academic Calendar.
This program meets the eligibility criteria for the Post-Graduation Work Permit program for international students as long as the student is enrolled in the on-campus delivery mode or completes more than 50% of the courses on campus (for the blended option).
International students attending all classes online will NOT be eligible for a Post-Graduate Work Permit. International students are responsible for maintaining their eligibility throughout their studies.
This program is available to international students, however, program availability may be limited. This program does not meet the eligibility criteria for the Post-Graduation Work Permit program.
If you like thinking outside the box and get energized at creating value through efficiency — you’ll love Robotic Process Automation (RPA). RPA is a pivotal technology that brings automation and efficiency to business processes. By emulating human interactions through the use of automation software, RPA allows organizations to create digital workers capable of completing repetitive computer-based tasks with precision and speed.
Organizations across all industries — from energy to finance, healthcare and more — are realizing the benefits of RPA in their digital transformation process. RPA provides opportunities to spend time and resources on the more strategic, value-add aspects of business operations, with applications in finance, accounting, customer service, human resources, supply chain and more.
Graduates of the RPA bootcamp will have a foundational RPA skillset augmented with an understanding of strategy and industry best practices — a combination designed to prepare you for the evolving demands of the workforce as technology continues to transform the economy. Globally informed but locally driven, this bootcamp is perfect for early to mid-career professionals who are interested in becoming an RPA developer, analyst or architect. This bootcamp offers the option to customize your learning experience by choosing one of two industry-leading RPA platforms: UIPath or Microsoft Power Automate. As a new graduate, you’ll bring immediate value to any company looking to implement or scale its RPA practices.
What you’ll learn
After completing this course, you'll be able to:
- develop an RPA application that will lead to building an enterprise-grade RPA application
- evaluate how RPA will evolve and impact industries and organizations
- use process assessment tools to leverage ROI evaluation
- develop a process-design document that outlines a business process to be automated
- demonstrate an automation process to stakeholders as outlined in a solution-design document
- build an automation process that uses advanced RPA techniques and reusable functions and can successfully integrate into an application.
From advice on courses and funding to one-on-one career support — get your questions answered here.
This program provides a great foundation for pathways into the following roles, or to leverage RPA in your existing role.
- RPA Analyst
- PA Project Manager
- RPA Solutions Architect / Designer
- RPA Developer
- RPA Quality Assurance
- RPA Governance
- RPA Controller
The Best Careers You Never Knew Existed - RPA: The Gateway to Digital Transformation
What is Robotic Process Automation (RPA) anyway? (Hint: it’s changing the way companies operate). On the debut episode of The Best Careers You Never Knew Existed, RPA expert, Matt Sentes, dives into how this in-demand technology is shaping jobs and expanding career paths. Find out why industry leaders are calling RPA the gateway to digital transformation.Listen now
Tuition and funding
The Applied Robotic Process Automation Bootcamp course fee is $3,760.
Funding may be available to SAIT alumni – please contact us to learn more about funding options.
Learn more about registration requirements.
|Intake Semester||Classes begin||Registration opens||Registration closes|
|Fall 2023||Sept. 26, 2023||July 5, 2023||Sept. 19, 2023|
This program is best suited to applicants with the following skills and mindset:
- early to mid-career worker with some professional experience
- digitally literate, comfortable with technology
- growth mindset
- interested in emerging low-code technology
- curious and enjoy solving problems
- comfortable working cross-functionally and presenting information to many teams
- proof of English proficiency required
- no coding or programming experience is needed (we start you out using low code platforms, so the focus is on creating value for an organization, not overwhelming you with coding)
- no technology industry experience needed
- application process.
Personal computers must meet SAIT’s minimum technical requirements for online learning success. You must use a Windows computer for this course as Mac computers cannot be used for certain applications.
Delivery and support
This program is offered part-time on evenings and weekends — allowing you to continue your job search or learn while working.
Classes run Tuesday (evening), Thursday (evening), and Saturday (daytime).
This is a 16-week program:
- You will spend four weeks of self-study learning an RPA platform (either UIPath or Microsoft Power Automate) and 12 weeks of attending virtual theory classes and engaging in hands-on pro
- You will highlight your knowledge and skillsets by completing one or two automation projects with a team, including all RPA Development Lifecycle elements — this requires gathering, documentation, process mapping, implementation, building automation processes, testing, deployment and support.
- All steps will be guided by industry mentors and coaches.
Becoming an RPA Developer is an achievable goal, even if you are not interested in coding. SAIT can support your career search by connecting you to key organizations looking for RPA talent. We’ll provide:
- awareness of potential roles and opportunities after completing this program and added skills needed to pursue complementary or specialized roles
- strategies and tactics to search for and connect with relevant employment opportunities
- support for effective resume writing, interviewing and personal branding
- creation of a unique digital portfolio of work proving your skills in program competencies
- networking through guest speakers, panel discussions, industry events and industry projects
We’re here to help you from the start!
Our Talent and Career Specialists team will work with you to find the right program and help you through the application process. To begin, connect with us — and an advisor will contact you within the next business day.