Dual-Credit Anatomy and Physiology
Designed for: students in grade 11
Delivery: Online or Blended
Length: 4 months
Intake: Fall 2023 and Winter 2024
Anatomy and Physiology provides learners with an overview of the anatomy and basic physiology of the human body. Areas that will be covered include the organization of the body; covering, support, and movement of the body; regulation and integration of body functions; maintenance of the body; and continuity of the human race. Diseases and aging processes will also be briefly discussed.
Is this the right fit for me?
This program is the right fit for students in Grade 11 or 12 who:
- are interested in pursuing further post-secondary education or a career in health care.
- enjoy working in a collaborative group environment.
- are comfortable independently completing online coursework.
Pathways to post-secondary
This course is featured in the following SAIT programs:
- Diagnostic Medical Sonography
- Medical Laboratory Technology
- Rehabilitation Therapy Assistant
- Fitness and Wellness Management
Students should be entering grade 11 or 12 in the same academic year as they begin ANPH-209.
In order to be successful in this SAIT program, students are recommended to be on track to successfully pass the following courses or equivalents with an overall average of at least 60%:
- Math 30-1 or Math 30-2
- English Language Arts 30-1 or English Language Arts 30-2
- Biology 20 or 30 and
- Chemistry 20
There may be other pre-requisite or co-requisites required by the school board for admission into this dual-credit program. Check with your local school board for further information.
To qualify for graduation from SAIT, students must pass all courses, attain a CGPA of 2.0 or better and complete the course requirements within the prescribed timelines.
|Course code||Course name||SAIT credits||High school credits|
|ANPH-209||Anatomy and Physiology||3.0||Up to 5.0|