On this page:
Customer success is a high-growth and high-demand field. This bootcamp program is designed for learners with strong business skills, customer service, or technical acumen who want to advance their skills.
Over 12 weeks, this immersive, hands-on professional program will empower you to develop and expand your skills in customer relationship management, understanding the customer journey and influencing customer outcomes.
Graduates of the program will clearly understand customer success strategy, best business practices and focused expertise that enhances employability.
We’ll support your career growth by connecting you with relevant employment opportunities, portfolio creation and networking through industry events and projects.
Join us and our experienced professionals as you develop your skills to meet the increasing demand for individuals who understand customer success in Alberta’s emerging technology-driven economy.
You’ll have the opportunity to apply your learnings through a capstone project, giving you the foundational skills needed to start your career path in customer success.
What you’ll learn
Upon completing this immersive bootcamp, you’ll know how to:
- support customers in identifying business goals and best outcomes
- build-essential customer success collateral, such as renewal and QBR decks, success plans and health scores for a personal customer-success portfolio
- provide a seamless customer experience — from onboarding to renewal and beyond — that increases customer retention and decreases churn
- build rapport with customers through engaging and informative presentations that deliver value
- measure and analyze customer data to enhance the customer experience and advocate for the customer's needs.
On the latest episode of The Best Careers You Never Knew Existed, customer success manager (CSM) and co-founder of Yellow Room, Al Renner illuminates the critical role customer success plays in companies across diverse industries, surpassing the confines of the tech sector.
This bootcamp will help you develop the following skills:
- CSM tools and skills
- customer persona mapping
- customer journey mapping
- measure time to first value
- identify customers' business goals
- upselling, cross-selling, down-selling, solution-selling vs. product-selling.
- customer retention and expansion
- best practices for improving a customer’s net promoter score (NPS), customer effect score (CES) and customer satisfaction score (CSAT)
- managing escalations
- customer support
- providing a seamless and enhanced customer experience
- managing customer retention
- building customer success collateral
- customer data analysis
- Lumina assessment
- run effective and engaging meetings
- utilize storytelling and presentation skills to deliver customer value and gain buy-in
Becoming a customer service success manager is an attainable goal.
Our career services team provides support for those looking for work to help you find a job, interview and position yourself as a key team member.
- awareness of potential roles and opportunities and additional skills needed to pursue other complementary/specialized roles
- strategies and tactics to search for and connect with relevant employment opportunities.
- resume writing, interviewing, and personal branding
- creation of a unique digital portfolio of work demonstrating skills in program competencies
- networking through guest speakers, panel discussions, industry events and industry projects
- opportunities to connect with local organizations with mature UX practices and local experts with experience in the field.
Our Talent and Career Specialists team will work with you to find the right program and help you through the application process.
To begin, connect with us, and an advisor will contact you within the next business day.
This program is best suited to applicants who are:
- collaborative, creative and dynamic
- familiar with marketing principles
- knowledgeable in business, customer service or technical industries
- mid-career professionals looking to pivot, upskill and focus on pursuing opportunities or developing capability in this field
- small business owners, entrepreneurs or marketing professionals
- curious problem-solvers interested in building value-oriented customer relationships.
Start dates: May 4, 2024
Enrolment deadline: May 2, 2024
Tuition and fees
The Applied Customer Success Management Bootcamp course fee is $2,695.
Funding may be available to SAIT alumni or students with financial barriers. Please contact email@example.com to learn more about funding options.
This program is offered part-time evenings and weekends — allowing you to continue your job search or learn while working.
Classes run on Tuesday evening, Thursday evening, every other Wednesday evening and Saturday morning.
- There will be about 4 – 6 hours per week of self-learning, combined with 8 hours of in-class theory and hands-on project work.
- We will work with you to help you understand your strengths and areas for growth.
- This program will be a combination of online instructor-led learning and self-directed learning.
Prepare for a strong start in your chosen program or get the details you need to decide your future path.
Our expert staff and faculty are ready to answer your questions and provide information about the following:
- What sets SAIT apart
- An introduction to the program and area of study
- Admission requirements
- Future career paths
- Information on the earning potential and graduate employment rates.