How to Register for Convocation
Registration for fall convocation will be open August 6 until August 30. In order to be eligible to graduate, you must complete or expect to complete all program requirements between May 1, 2019 and August 31, 2019.
If the Office of the Registrar Graduation Evaluators has confirmed your eligibility to graduate, you'll receive an email confirmation and an invitation to register your SAIT email address and the preferred email address we have on file for you.
To determine if you have met or will meet all program requirements, go to mySAIT, and under the myStudent tab check your graduation status. Please see your Academic Advisor or Program Coordinator if you have any questions about your eligibility to graduate.
If you indicate that you will be attending the ceremony, a charge of $50 will be applied to your account when we process your request.
The $50 convocation fee must be paid in full before you will be issued guest tickets.
Family members and other guests are welcome to join in the celebration of your achievement. To ensure those who want to attend are able to, please note the following guidelines:
- Graduands do not require a ticket.
- All guests are required to have a ticket for entry into the Jubilee Auditorium (including children and infants).
- Due to the anticipated number of graduands who will be in attendance at each ceremony, guest tickets have been restricted to four guest tickets per graduand*.
- *Guest ticket availability is based on the previous year's attendance records. The Office of the Registrar, therefore, reserves the right to change the number of guest tickets, as required, according to graduate attendance. We will ensure that graduands received up to a minimum of two guest tickets each before additional tickets are issued. Tickets are assigned in the order registrations are completed and paid in full.
- You'll be notified by email about four weeks before the ceremony when guest tickets are ready for pick-up and how many tickets you received.
- Additional extra tickets may become available the day of convocation and will be available for pickup at the information booth located in the auditorium lobby one hour prior to the start of each ceremony, on a first-come, first-served basis. There is no guarantee that additional tickets will be available.
Graduands who need to cancel their registration must notify our office within two weeks prior to the ceremony. A refund will not be issued after this date.