Physics I - PHYS 181
This course is an introduction of the fundamentals and theory of physics as it relates to technology. Problem solving is emphasized. Four units of study are covered: kinematics; dynamics; circular motion; work and energy; and oscillatory motion and mechanical waves. These units prepare students for further studies in physics. This course is considered equivalent to Alberta Education's Physics 20.
- Placement Test (SPCH) (Achieving benchmark in grade 10 physics placement test)
- One of:
- APSC 180
- Transcript Evaluation (TSC1) (Science 10 or equivalent)
- One of:
- MATH 180
- Transcript Evaluation (TMA1) (Math 10C or equivalent)
Classroom or Online
$499 Domestic students
$499 Domestic distance students
$1817.06 International students
$1817.06 International distance students
*Fees subject to change
Courses with prerequisites
If your course has a prerequisite, you must submit transcripts demonstrating you meet the requirements.
- Get a SAIT ID.
Before you register, submit your transcripts based on your previous education.
- Transcripts from Alberta: email firstname.lastname@example.org with your SAIT ID number and your Alberta Student Number (ASN) and we’ll order them on your behalf.
- Transcripts from Canada: email a copy of your transcripts to email@example.com and include your SAIT ID number.
- Outside of Canada: email a copy of your educational documents to firstname.lastname@example.org and include your SAIT ID number for assessment, which will take two to four weeks to complete.
- If you don’t have transcripts, you can take a placement test to determine if you meet the prerequisites for the course.
- You’ll receive an email within three business days about your eligibility to register.