Chemistry II - CHEM 182
Topics in this course include mathematical, scientific, and laboratory standards for chemical measurement; introduction to organic chemistry; thermochemical changes, electrochemical changes; equilibrium of chemical systems; and acids and bases. This course is considered equivalent to Alberta Education's Chemistry 30.
- One of:
- Placement Test (UCH 2) - (Achieving benchmark in chemistry placement tests)
- Transcript Evaluation (TCH 2) - (Chemistry 20 or equivalent)
- CHEM 181
Classroom or Online
$499 Domestic students
$499 Domestic distance students
$1817.06 International students
$1817.06 International distance students
*Fees subject to change
Courses with prerequisites
If your course has a prerequisite, you must submit transcripts demonstrating you meet the requirements.
- Get a SAIT ID.
Before you register, submit your transcripts based on your previous education.
- Transcripts from Alberta: email email@example.com with your SAIT ID number and your Alberta Student Number (ASN) and we’ll order them on your behalf.
- Transcripts from Canada: email a copy of your transcripts to firstname.lastname@example.org and include your SAIT ID number.
- Outside of Canada: email a copy of your educational documents to email@example.com and include your SAIT ID number for assessment, which will take two to four weeks to complete.
- If you don’t have transcripts, you can take a placement test to determine if you meet the prerequisites for the course.
- You’ll receive an email within three business days about your eligibility to register.