Chemistry I - CHEM 181
Topics in this course include mathematical, scientific, and laboratory standards for chemical measurement, elements and compound, introduction to atomic theory and structure, periodic table of the elements, simple inorganic compounds, acids and bases, chemical equations, gas and solution stoichiometry, and chemical bonding. This course is considered equivalent to Alberta Education's Chemistry 20.
- One of:
- Placement Test (SCCH) - (Achieving benchmark in grade 10 chemistry placement test)
- Transcript Evaluation (TSC1) - (Science 10 or equivalent)
- APSC 180
Classroom or Online
$499 Domestic students
$499 Domestic distance students
$1817.06 International students
$1817.06 International distance students
*Fees subject to change
Courses with prerequisites
If your course has a prerequisite, you must submit transcripts demonstrating you meet the requirements.
- Get a SAIT ID.
Before you register, submit your transcripts based on your previous education.
- Transcripts from Alberta: email email@example.com with your SAIT ID number and your Alberta Student Number (ASN) and we’ll order them on your behalf.
- Transcripts from Canada: email a copy of your transcripts to firstname.lastname@example.org and include your SAIT ID number.
- Outside of Canada: email a copy of your educational documents to email@example.com and include your SAIT ID number for assessment, which will take two to four weeks to complete.
- If you don’t have transcripts, you can take a placement test to determine if you meet the prerequisites for the course.
- You’ll receive an email within three business days about your eligibility to register.