Get your finances into shape
Money matters. Healthy finances can help you feel organized and both avoid and manage stress.
Invest some time in mastering your money at the Financial Literacy Fair, Tuesday, March 26, 11 am to 2 pm, Macdonald Hall.
Start now with some quick tips from SAIT's Financial Advising team and find out more at the fair.
- Be realistic — as a student, you might not be able to live the lifestyle of your dreams right now. But that's okay, your education will get you there faster.
- Avoid credit you can't afford. If you use a credit card, pay it off in full every month — if you don't, you're probably paying at least 50% more for everything you buy because of interest.
- You have nothing to lose by saving — besides, you'll be better prepared if you're hit with an unexpected expense.
- Wait to buy things when they're on sale — that might seem obvious, but stockpiling non-perishable groceries when they're cheap may mean you can skip a grocery shop a month.
- If you think you can afford an increase in your expenses, try it out before committing and save the difference.
- Get help sooner than later - if you have questions about your finances or if you're struggling with money, you're not the first and you're not alone. Financial Advising is here to help. Drop by the Lamb Learner Success Centre and talk to an advisor.