Why Work at SAIT
At SAIT, our culture is built on a strong vision for the future. We celebrate successes through employee recognition and rewards and are proud of our staff and faculty's contribution to the future of our students. We value:
- entrepreneurial spirit
- technology and innovation
- world-class service culture
Become a part of a vibrant campus community and join a team that is based on FIRST principles — fairness, integrity, respect, safety and transparency. Our campus is growing, ensuring you'll work in an environment that is constantly evolving and providing opportunities for growth and development.
Employee benefits and perks
We recognize the importance of a healthy work-life balance. Reasonable workloads and generous vacation packages mean you can achieve your professional goals and spend quality time away from work.
Employee health and well-being
We provide you and your family with the benefits to live healthy and happy lives, including:
- health and dental care - 100% of premiums paid by SAIT for all salaried employees
- extended health care benefits from your first day of employment, with a six-month waiting period for dental benefits
- access to SAIT's Wellness Centre, including free gym and pool use
- on-site health and dental clinics
- an Employee and Family Assistance program.
Reasonable workloads and generous vacation packages mean that you get to spend quality time away from work.
- flexible vacation packages and all statutory holidays off
- a variety of leave options including holiday leave, parental leave, days off to volunteer and flex days
- up to 10 special leave days per year for planned and unplanned absences like moving or the illness of a family member.
Education is what we do which is why SAIT offers numerous opportunities to grow skills and develop interests, including:
- the opportunity to enrol in SAIT programs for free through the Free Seat Program
- financial support for your next qualification through the Professional Credential Enhancement Program
- the opportunity to enrol in a variety of free professional development courses.
Planning for the future
SAIT supports you with tools and resources to plan for your future, including:
- a comprehensive pension plan
- life insurance
- the opportunity to join SAIT's group savings plans, offering low investment management fees and convenient payroll deductions.
And the perks continue...
- beautiful, inner-city campus with unique shopping amenities like The Highwood fine-dining restaurant, the Butchery and the Marketplace
- the option of discounted on-site covered parking
- option to purchase a universal Calgary Transit Pass (U-Pass) at a considerable discount
- discounts on electronics, computers and computer software There are so many perks to working at SAIT, so don't wait.
SAIT has been recognized as:
One of Alberta's Top Employers in 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2011 & 2010 (MediaCorp Canada Inc.)
Alberta's best workplace for volunteerism (Venture Magazine)
In November 2016, SAIT was selected by Venture Magazine as the best workplace in Alberta for volunteerism and community involvement. The recognition cited our work in supporting students, raising funds for the United Way, participating in the Corporate Challenge and completing 100 projects to commemorate our centennial.
One of the Top 50 Research Colleges in Canada since 2013 (RE$EARCH Infosource Inc.)
SAIT is among the top research colleges in Canada as part of Canada's Innovation Leaders list.
SAIT's Applied Research and Innovation Services department was created 10 years ago as a gateway for industry, students and faculty to collaborate on projects. In the past five years, close to 200 industry-driven, applied research projects carried out at SAIT have resulted in the development of more than 250 prototypes.
One of Canada's 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures in 2013 (Waterstone Human Capital)
This award recognizes the importance of great workplaces, where culture has boosted performance and competitive advantage. Winning organizations are measured on vision and leadership; cultural alignment, measurement and sustainability; rewards, recognition and innovation achievements; organization performance and corporate social responsibility.
Waterstone Human Capital is an executive search firm specializing in recruiting and cultural assessment.
Alberta's Best Workplace for Training and Development in 2013, and Best Workplace for Employee Benefits in 2010 (Alberta Venture Magazine)
SAIT was honoured with the title of Alberta's Best Workplace for Training and Development in 2013 for its numerous professional development opportunities, including our professional credential enhancement (PCE) program, in-house training and the free seat program, which lets employers enrol in certain classes at no charge.
SAIT was recognized as the Best Workplace for Employee Benefits for its 100 percent coverage of basic health benefit premiums in its enhanced benefits program. SAIT has also received honourable mention as one of the best overall workplaces.
A recipient of the Premier's Award for Healthy Workplaces in 2013 (Premier's Award of Merit)
Part of the Alberta government's Healthy U initiatives, this award program honours employers who encourage their staff to make healthy eating choices and incorporate daily physical activity into their workday. Award recipients were selected based on the strategies, initiatives, policies, and programs they have in place to promote, support and enhance healthy workplaces.
SAIT has also received:
COR (Certificate of Recognition) safety designation
SAIT has proven its commitment to health and safety on campus by earning a COR safety designation. The COR designation recognizes that SAIT's health and safety management system has been evaluated by an auditor and meets or exceeds standards. SAIT achieved a grade of 93% in 2016 - a grade of 80% is required to pass the evaluation.
The benefits and agreements between SAIT and each of our employee groups are slightly different, learn more about: