It's not always easy to get the grades you want, but there are plenty of free resources to help you prepare for your classes and succeed at your schooling.
We offer a course (PREP 100) to help you get set for academic life at SAIT, and a prep course for apprentices (PREP 145). Get support and advice anytime from an academic coach — we even have a workshop (Back on Track) especially for students on academic probation.
Check this page for up-to-date information about classroom changes and cancellations.
Academic coaches work individually with students to develop students' active learning skills. Topics covered include:
- time management and organization (get tips now)
- reading an academic text
- effective note taking
- information retention
- exam preparation
- exam-taking strategies
Track your grades
Knowing your grades is important for monitoring your academic success. Use our interactive grade calculator to track your academic progress.
PREP 100 will help you succeed in your studies and make the most of your time at SAIT. Learn transferable skills and strategies such as time management, strategic learning, improving memory and effective note taking — you'll even learn about yourself through self-reflection exercises.
Current course offerings:
NEW Fall 2017 - most first-year programs will have access to PREP 100 online, no registration required!
|69434||Saturday||8:30 am - 4:30 am|
To register for an in-class or online session, please contact the Office of the Registrar at 403.284.7248 or email@example.com and have your SAIT ID ready.
Note: PREP 100 is free of charge and available to current SAIT students only. For more information, contact Academic Coaching at 403.284.8082 or firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the Lamb Learner Success Centre, MC221.
Prep 145 is a required, free study-skills course just for apprentices — and the smartest six hours you'll spend at SAIT. Discover your learning style, develop memory techniques, learn effective ways to conquer your modules, get tips on how to write multiple-choice tests and prepare for your apprenticeship exam.
You must take this course by the end of your first week of training. Prep 145 will get you ready to hit the ground running and help you get the most out of your experience at SAIT.
Prep 145 is offered evenings on Mondays and Wednesdays OR Tuesdays and Thursdays OR a for a full day (six hours) on Saturday. This course fills quickly so reserve a spot now — have your SAIT ID number ready.
Back on Track is designed specifically for students on academic probation. If you have been notified by the Registrar's Office that you are on academic probation, register now for this free, two-hour workshop and follow up with an academic coach during the semester to discuss your personal success action plan.
The workshop covers:
- understanding academic probation status and academic rules
- calculating grade point average and monitoring academic performance throughout the semester
- performing self-assessments to determine factors contributing to low grades
- discovering available SAIT resources including tutoring, academic coaching, personal counselling, career planning and financial assistance
- making a personalized success action plan
- setting an appointment to follow up with an academic coach
Current course offerings
- Tuesday, Jan. 9, 2018 - 5 - 7 pm
- Thursday, Jan. 11, 2018 - 5 - 7 pm
- Monday, Jan. 15, 2018 - 5 - 7 pm
- Wednesday, Jan.17, 2018 - 5 - 7 pm
Register now for one of these four workshops.
SAIT offers success seminars help you improve your studying and learning skills. Topics include:
- Test preparation
- Time management
- Reading strategies for textbooks and modules
- Listening and note taking
- Memory retention tools
- Strategies for multiple choice exams