Want another way to search? Try our Adobe Flash course finder
How to Register
Step 1: Select your courses or part-time program online.
Browse our calendar to find the courses you want to take. Search by category or keyword to find the course that's right for you.
Step 2: Check the prerequisites.
Some courses have mandatory prerequisites to make sure you have the required background knowledge to be successful. You must complete or receive credit for the prerequisite before registering in your course. A recommended prerequisite is listed to promote success in the course, and is not mandatory.
Step 3: Ready, set, register!
Use your Visa or MasterCard to register online, anywhere and anytime. Contact Student Services to register over the phone, by fax, in person or by mail.
Please note: Registration received by mail, fax or online will be processed within three business days. You can confirm your registration by logging into mySAIT.ca.
Search for your course to see a detailed course description with a listing of course times and dates. Once you find the time and date that fits your schedule, click on the ‘Register' button beside the course. Complete the registration and payment information.
Contact Student Services at 403.284.7248 or toll-free at 1.877.284.7248. Please have your course code, and Visa or MasterCard ready.
- Monday, Tuesday and Thursday: 7:30 AM to 6:30 PM
- Wednesday: 9 AM to 6:30 PM
- Friday: 8:15 AM to 4:30 PM
Complete the Course Registration form found on sait.ca, include your Visa or MasterCard number and expiry date, or sponsorship letter and fax it to 403.284.7112.
Complete the Course Registration form found on sait.ca, include a cheque or money order for the course fees (made payable to SAIT) or sponsorship letter, and mail to Student Services at:
- SAIT Polytechnic Student Services
MA211, 2nd floor Heritage Hall
1301 - 16 Avenue NW
Calgary, Alberta T2M 0L4
Visit Student Services at the address below to register. Methods of payment include debit card, money order, cheque, cash, Visa or MasterCard, and sponsorship letter.
SAIT Polytechnic Student Services
- MA211, 2nd floor Heritage Hall
1301 - 16 Avenue NW
Calgary, Alberta T2M 0L4
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday: 8:15 AM to 4:30 PM
Wednesday: 9 AM to 4:30 PM
Please note: Registration received by mail, fax, or online will be processed within three business days. You can confirm your registration by logging into mySAIT.ca.
SAIT Polytechnic Facebook
Connect with us on facebook.com/saitpolytechnic
Sign up for our Continuum e-newsletter
Get the latest information on continuing education courses.
Subscribe to The Continuum.
SAIT Polytechnic considers its online calendar to be the official version. Amendments will be posted to the web version of this calendar as necessary.
SAIT reserves the right to limit registration, cancel, postpone or combine courses, alter course content, dates or times, and substitute instructors. Full refunds will be issued for cancelled courses.
A transcript is a complete and unabridged academic record of achievement at SAIT.
If you attended classes at SAIT after 1995, you have the option to order your official transcript through mySAIT.ca. Simply login, click on the myStudent tab, then select Student Records.
Unofficial transcripts are available online by logging into mysait.ca with your nine-digit Student ID number and your PIN. Select the myStudent tab, then Student Records and then Academic Transcript.
To be eligible for certificates or statements, a student who has received credit from another institution must complete the final 50 per cent of the total program hours at SAIT.
Credit may be granted for courses completed at other post-secondary institutions or for demonstrated equivalent experiential learning. The applicant must have achieved a minimum "C" or 65 per cent standing. Some courses may stipulate a higher-grade requirement. Education taken within a five to seven year time will be evaluated. Students must apply for credit at the Prior Learning Assessment and Recognition office (MC221) and will be required to submit a transcript, detailed course outline, including hours of instruction. PLAR credit's granted will indicate a CR (Credit) on the transcript, which is not factored into the students GPA. Fees do apply. Granting of credit at SAIT should not be interpreted as acceptance by any other educational institution.
Students who have completed a similar course at another post secondary institute, or who have work experience directly related to course content, may choose to write a challenge exam Please contact the Prior Learning Assessment & Recognition office for details. Fee's do apply.
Unless otherwise stated, students must complete all required courses within seven years to be eligible for a diploma and within five years to be eligible for a certificate.
Display your success at SAIT with pride! Using your student ID and birth date, simply print and fill in the Credential Request Form (.pdf file) and fax or mail it to:
1301 16th Avenue NW
Calgary, Alberta, Canada T2M 0L4
Get an education that fits your schedule and your future. Our evening, weekend and distance learning programs are taught by experienced instructors focused on helping you get ahead in your career. Register now for winter and spring 2012. Summer 2012 courses are also being offered.
From apprenticeships to baccalaureate degrees, from full-time to part-time, polytechnic institutions offer a unique type of education and a wide range of credentials in diverse program areas. Programs are multi-skilled, multi-disciplined and industry responsive. Focused on experience-oriented training that provides students with the skills they need to find high quality careers, polytechnics are also committed to working closely with industry to promote applied research and innovation.
Continuing Education courses can be taken individually or as part of a certificate, diploma or applied degree program. Some programs require submission of an application and you must meet all admission requirements. Continuing Education offerings allow you to access these courses on a part-time basis. Visit sait.ca for information, email firstname.lastname@example.org, call 403.284.7248, or toll-free at 1.877.248.7248.
- Applied Degree - A SAIT credential approved by the Government of Alberta that is a post-Diploma or post-Degree program consisting of a Diploma or Degree taken at SAIT or at another post-secondary institution, 30 credits of class and laboratory coursework, and 30 credits of Directed Field Studies.
- Baccalaureate Degree - A minimum of 120 credits and a maximum of 149 credits. A Baccalaureate Degree program is generally a four-year program.
- Diploma - A SAIT credential approved by the Government of Alberta that consists of a minimum of 60 credits and a maximum of 79 credits. A Diploma program is generally two years in length.
- Certificate - A SAIT credential approved by the Government of Alberta that consists of a minimum of 12 credits and a maximum of 49 credits.
- Certificate of Achievement - A SAIT-approved credential that recognizes completion of a course or a program which includes a formal evaluation of performance, and is a minimum of 144 hours. You have five years to complete all Certificates of Achievement.
- Certificate of Completion - A SAIT-approved credential that recognizes completion of a program which includes a formal evaluation of performance, and is a minimum of 16 hours and a maximum of 143 hours.
- Fast-Track Programs - An accelerated full-time program ranging from four to 10 months in length. Small class sizes and a curriculum tied to industry needs are additional advantages of fast-track study.
- Pre-Employment Programs - An educational program that provides hands-on training and is commonly 12 weeks in length. Many Pre-Employment programs lead into an apprenticeship.
- Pre-Apprenticeship Programs - An educational program that ranges from 21 to 24 weeks in length. These programs teach trade knowledge and skills through hands-on training and formal instruction and usually lead into an apprenticed trade.
Abbreviations for Weekdays
M Monday, T Tuesday, W Wednesday, R Thursday, F Friday, SA Satuday, SU Sunday
- Continuing Education
- Distance Education