Information navigation is a high-tech adventure and a sought-after skill. Industry needs technicians who can quickly find answers to questions asked by everyone, from students to CEOs. Students can complete the diploma through distance education courses. Please note: you must meet the entrance requirements listed for the diploma program and complete all mandatory courses plus three electives.
For those individuals who are looking at upgrading their skills, courses can be taken individually, as required, without going through the application process. For those interested in getting the diploma, please see the admission requirements below.
Alberta High School Diploma or equivalent with at least 60% in the following admission requirements or equivalents:
- English Language Arts 30-1 or English Language Arts 30-2 or equivalents, AND,
- Two of the following Grade 12 subjects: Math, Science, Social Science, Accounting, Law or a second language.
- For mature students, LIBR-200 (Introduction to Libraries) may be substituted for the third Grade 12 subject.
- All applicants must demonstrate English Language Proficiency prior to admission, including students educated in Canada.
- Do you require Academic Upgrading or admission testing?
- Are you an International student?
- Did you complete high school courses in another province?
- Are you a transfer student?
- Do you require English language upgrading to meet the proficiency requirement?
To complete the diploma, students must take all the required courses plus 3 electives.
Careers: Librarian | Library Technician | Technical Support Analyst