Safety Instrumented Systems - CNTR 128Learn more and register
This process systems technology course is designed for those wanting to understand the basics of function safety engineering and how to apply the safety life cycle concepts as defined in the international safety standards such as ISA 84.00.01-2004/IEC 61511 in the process control industry.
Safety Instrumented Systems (SIS) learning topics include Safety Life Cycle Concepts, Safety Integrity Levels (SIL) and their selection, Safety Requirement Specifications (SRS), verification of SIL, installation, operation and maintenance issues, documentation and cost justification.
This SIS course also covers:
- The application of Functional Safety Standards in prescriptive standard based environments such as BMS
- Operator initiated SIF analysis
- Continuous and Demand modes of SIFs and their analysis
- Design guidance
- General purpose versus safety specific devices
- Fault tolerance
- The relationship of BPCS and SIS
- Certification/prior use guidelines
- BMS application example with typical SIFs, their assessment and verifications
Process industry experience knowledge of DCS is desirable