This program is eligible for Canada-Alberta Job Grant funding.
Designed for hospitality professionals, SAIT's new Food and Beverage Leadership program combines business courses and culinary perspectives to help you successfully transition into a leadership position.
Courses in marketing and communication, leadership, finance, human resources and project management will enhance the professional skill-set of both front of house and back of house hospitality professionals.
Hospitality-focused business courses
The Food and Beverage Leadership program features seven industry-focused courses which will give you the skills to:
- Apply marketing principles to food and beverage operations
- Monitor and control costs using financial records and processes
- Manage high-level projects to achieve strategic goals
- Develop a leadership style that capitalizes on your personal strengths
- Recruit, hire and manage staff
- Create and evaluate operational systems to keep industry-relevant
A capstone project completes the program by integrating your new skills and knowledge to respond to real-world situations found in food and beverage operations.
|Food & Beverage Capstone||PROJ-101|
Courses may be taken individually for professional development; all seven courses are required to receive a Food and Beverage Leadership Certificate of Achievement.
- Marja Van Dyke
Earned Revenue Coordinator
School of Hospitality and Tourism