Gold Seal Certificate
What is the Gold Seal Certificate?
The industry created the Gold Seal Certification program, for the industry. It has quickly become a standardized program supporting the development of skilled Canadian Construction & Heavy Civil management professionals across Canada. In 2015, Gold Seal Certification passed the 10,000 certificate holder mark.
The Gold Seal Certification program upholds Canadian Construction & Heavy Civil management professionals with expectations and standards of excellence. All Gold Seal certified management professionals have been assessed and meet the Gold Seal standard requirements of industry knowledge, experience, education and training. Gold Seal is a national construction standard of certification, displaying a desire to uphold and distinguish one's competency in Construction or Heavy Civil management above all others.
Why earn a Gold Seal?
Gold Seal Certification program certifies Canadian construction management professionals, for example, estimators, superintendents, project managers, owner's construction managers and safety coordinators involved in general, electrical or mechanical contracting, roadbuilding and heavy construction or speciality trades. Applicants require a combination of industry experience, education and training to challenge the Gold Seal exam and, if successful, to become Gold Seal Certified (GSC).
In 2015, Gold Seal Certification passed the 10,000 certificate holder mark! Many GSCs want to stay current and register as Professional, Gold Seal Certified (P.GSC) which is a biennial designation requiring the certificate holder to gain a certain number of credits in five activity categories.
How to earn your Gold Seal at SAIT
- If you have less than 5 years of experience in your designation, you must first register as a Gold Seal Intern (GSI) or Gold Seal Intern (Safety). You'll have up to five years to meet the Gold Seal Certification requirements and to challenge the Gold Seal exam to become Gold Seal Certified (GSC).
- If you have over 5 years of experience in your designation, you may apply for Gold Seal Certification (GSC) or Gold Seal Certification (Safety). If your application meets the requirements, you can challenge the Gold Seal exam and, if successful, become a GSC.
- If you already have your GSC and want to stay current, you can apply for Professional, Gold Seal Certified (P.GSC). Every two years you will need to demonstrate that you are still working in the designation in which you were certified and that you have done professional upgrading activities.
Contact the School of Business
For more information on Gold Seal-recognized business courses at SAIT, please contact the School of Business at 403.210.4340 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information on the Gold Seal program, please visit the Gold Seal Certification website.
- Becoming an Apprentice
- Blended Apprenticeship Learning
- Pre-employment programs
- Apprentice Success Services
- Records Policies and Procedures
- Paying for your Apprenticeship
- How to Register
- Blue Seal Certificate
- Gold Seal Certificate
- Contact Alberta Apprenticeship and Industry Training
- Apprenticeship Programs