SAIT RFID Test Lab
The RFID Test Lab is managed by the Centre for Innovative Information Technology Solutions.
As an ISO-certified facility, the Lab evaluates new animal recording/tracking technologies against regulatory requirements on behalf of ICAR. In addition, the lab’s specialized RFID equipment allows organizations to develop novel RFID solutions in a vendor-neutral environment prior to full-scale roll out.
Funding was provided, in part, by the Province of Alberta.
Changing the Livestock Management Game
SAIT’s Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) test lab is one of only three in the world accredited to perform official standardized electronic tests for RFID tags.
By 2015, it was accredited by the International Standard Organization (ISO), and the International Committee for Animal Recording (ICAR) in 2016.
Accredited testing services include evaluating the conformance and performance of RFID transponders in relation to ISO regulations. Non-accredited testing includes conformance testing of animal identifiers and applicators in extreme temperatures ranging from -35 C to 40 C.
- Accredited to ISO17025, ISO24631-1 and ISO24631-3.
- Complete electronic testing for Canadian Animal Identifier Standards.
- Mechanical coupling and decoupling testing for Canadian Animal Identifier Standards.
- Pre-testing for manufacturers wishing to develop new identifier technologies
For more information:
Manager, Principal Investigator
- Advanced Mobile Labs
- Centre for Innovative Information Technology Solutions
- Chemical and Environmental Analysis Lab
- Composites Fabrication Lab
- Enerplus Centre for Innovation
- Green Building Technology Lab
- Industry Innovation Labs
- Kinetica Innovation Centre
- Materials Testing Lab
- Process Operations Lab
- SAIT RFID Test Lab
- Solar Lab Green Building Technologies
- Solar Roller
- Solids Modeling Lab
- Technology Demonstration Hall