International Document Assessment
Applicants who were educated outside of Canada require an international document assessment. SAIT works with World Education Services (WES) Canada to authenticate and assess foreign education.
SAIT will also recognize other document and credential assessments for admission. Find out which evaluations we will accept.
Step 1: Apply to a SAIT program
Choose a program and submit an application.
Step 2: Submit your anticipated final grades
To be considered for admission or selection while you wait for your assessment results, you must provide anticipated final grades for the program admission requirements.
- Check the admission requirements for your program(s).
- Take your best guess at what your final grade will be for each of the admission requirements.
- Complete the Anticipated Final Grades form and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Step 3: Apply for a WES evaluation
Visit WES Canada to apply for an International Credential Advantage Package (ICAP). WES guarantees results within one week, providing all of the necessary documentation is included. For assessment types and fees, refer to WES Canada.
To ensure a complete assessment, submit all levels of education to WES, including high school documents.
Once your WES evaluation has been completed, your ICAP package will be forwarded electronically to SAIT on your behalf. If you included high school documents, SAIT will assess the authenticated documents provided by WES to determine the equivalent Alberta high school subjects and grades.
Step 4: Meet SAIT's English proficiency requirement
If your primary language of instruction was not English, you will be required to submit a valid English language test score completed within the last 12 months.
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 403.284.7248 or toll-free in North America at 1.877.284.7248
- Location: Student Services, Room AA211, Heritage Hall
- Academic Credentials Assessment Service (ACAS)
This assessment service is no longer available but we will continue to accept previous ACAS evaluations for admission.
- Comparative Education Service (CES)
Available in Ontario
- International Credential Assessment Services of Canada (ICAS)
Available in Ontario
- International Credential Evaluation Service (ICES)
Available in British Columbia
- International Qualifications Assessment Service (IQAS)
Available in Alberta, Saskatchewan, and Northwest Territories