How to Apply
- Know when to apply
- Do you meet the admission requirements?
- Apply to SAIT
- Send us your transcripts
- Are you enrolled in high school or upgrading courses?
- Check your admission status
Know when to apply
Apply for most full-time programs on the application open date indicated below.
|Program start||Applications open|
|Spring 2017 (May - August)||Oct. 19, 2016|
|Fall 2017 (September - December)||Oct. 19, 2016|
|Winter 2018 (January - April)||May 3, 2017|
|Spring 2018 (May - August)||Oct. 18, 2017|
|Fall 2018 (September - December)||Oct. 18, 2017|
- You may apply to more than one program but a separate application and fee are required for each.
- If your application is on a waitlist for the September intake, you may request to transfer it to the January or May intake of the same academic year by emailing email@example.com
- Applications for most full-time programs are accepted until the program start date, but it is best to apply early as some programs close applications beforehand and many programs offer early admission and/or continuous selection.
Do you meet the admission requirements?
All full-time programs have specific academic requirements that you must meet in order to qualify for admission. In addition, all applicants must demonstrate English Language Proficiency, including students educated in Canada.
Some programs offer early admission to applicants who have achieved, or will achieve, higher grades in specific admission requirements. The timeline and the course perrcentage(s) required for early admission are listed on the program's admission and selection page, if applicable.
In order to determine program suitability, some programs require supplementary documentation or additional information to be submitted after you apply. This could include a career investigation, mechanical apptitude test, resumé, essay, interview, etc. Certain programs will also use academic ranking as part of the selection process.
If you do not meet the admission requirements:
- Consider the Academic Upgrading program for all core academic subjects.
- See the English Language Foundations program if English is an additional language.
- Learn more about admission testing for students/potential students for admission to SAIT programs.
Apply to SAIT
First, use the How to Apply Checklist to make sure you are ready to apply. Next, click on any Apply Now! link to start your online application, and you will be directed to ApplyAlberta to create a secure account. Make sure to keep track of your login information as you will need it if you're going to apply for an Alberta Student Loan. There are no on-site facilities available at SAIT for you to submit your online application.
When you're completing the application, you will be asked to choose the term (fall, winter, or spring) when your program begins. You can find this information in the admission and selection section for each program.
Do not apply online through SAIT/ApplyAlberta. Visit Trade Secrets for information about becoming a registered apprentice. Once you are eligible through the apprenticeship board, you can register for apprenticeship training at SAIT.
- You will need a Visa or MasterCard to pay the $50 online application fee.
- A hard-copy application (.pdf) is available — the application fee is $150.
- Application fees are non-refundable.
Send us your transcripts
Please provide official transcripts of all high school and post-secondary education you have completed to date. Transcripts, or anticipated final grades, must be presented to the Office of the Registrar before you will be considered for admission.
If your transcripts are from Alberta, another province, or outside of Canada, check out How to submit your transcripts and/or documentation.
If you are enrolled in high school or upgrading courses
You can enter your academic information, including grades to-date, in the online application. If you haven't completed a course yet, enter your anticipated final mark instead. This information will be used for admission until we receive your final transcript.
If you are offered conditional admission to a program based on your anticipated final grades, make sure that:
- your academic average remains at or above the minimum selection or early admission average for the program applied for; and,
- all required courses are successfully completed; and,
- all graduation requirements are satisfied.
If you did not enter your anticipated final grades when you applied, you can complete an Anticipated Final Grades form.
Please make sure we receive your final and official transcript by the Transcript Deadline. Applicants must meet or exceed their anticipated final grades in order to maintain a seat in the program.
Check your admission status
As your application is reviewed, you will be able to monitor any changes to your admission status through your mySAIT.ca account. Simply log into mySAIT, click on the myApplication tab, and then select Check the status of your processed application(s).