Referring Exceptional Applicants program
The Referring Exceptional Applicants Program (REAP) is a program to identify exceptional applicants and encourage participation from SAIT Employees in the talent search.
- To refer a candidate, please complete the Employee Referral Form and send to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to the competition closing date.
- Instruct the candidate you are referring to apply via SAIT's online job board and indicate your name in the ‘referral source' section of the online application.
- The referring employee will be notified when a candidate referral is received. Should the referred candidate be hired, the referring employee will be contacted.
- If the candidate you refer is hired, you will receive a referral award of $300 for a permanent, salaried position and $100 for a temporary salaried position. An initial payment of half the award will be paid after the referred candidate has accepted the position and the second half will be paid once the referred candidate has successfully completed 6 months' full-time employment.
- You are eligible for a referral award only when you refer candidates who are not currently employed by SAIT in any capacity.
- Employees who are part of the hiring decision for a particular position are not eligible for referral awards for that position.*
- Only one referral award can be given per candidate. If a candidate is referred by more than one employee, the first referral received will be the one rewarded should the candidate be hired.
- Referring employees will receive payment if they are active employees with SAIT at the time the scheduled award is due. Employees who are on a leave at the time the referral award is due will have payment deferred until they return.
- If requested, this award can be channeled back to SAIT by donating it to areas of need such as the I.G. Lewis Student Emergency Fund, Student Awards, the SAIT Opportunities Fund, etc.
SAIT reserves the right to deny, amend or discontinue this program at any time.
* Employee Services employees, management council members and SAIT Executive are not eligible to participate in the REAP program