Laptops and Technology
Hospitality Management and Travel and Tourism diploma programs are moving to a Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) format, beginning with the September 2017 intake. First year students are required to bring a laptop device that meets the specifications listed below. These guidelines do not apply to students enrolled in either program prior to September 2017.
Please note: Mac laptops do not meet the program requirements.
What you need to know:
- You are responsible for bringing a laptop that meets the minimum hardware requirements and an operating system as outlined above.
- You are responsible for ensuring your device is in good working order for all classes, exams and other assessments.
- You will have access to the software you need for your classes through SAIT and/or your textbooks.
Technical support is available for general troubleshooting, including:
- Access to SAIT's wireless network, storage and printing
- Assistance with some basic troubleshooting of anti-virus or hardware issues
- For resources such as D2L and MySAIT.ca
Location: Room G230, E.H. Crandell Building
Service Desk Hours
Sept. 1 to June 30
Monday - Thursday: 7:30 am - 7 pm
*Hours subject to change
July and August
Monday to Friday: 7:30 am - 5 pm