Blue Seal Certificate
What is the Blue Seal Certificate?
The Blue Seal Certificate, or Achievement in Business Competencies Program, is a credential offered by Alberta Apprenticeship and Industry Training (AIT) to individuals with a valid Alberta Journeyperson (Journeyman) Certificate, Alberta Occupational Certificate, or another valid trade certificate recognized in Alberta.
Why Earn a Blue Seal?
The Blue Seal demonstrates that a Journeyperson has successfully achieved a reasonable level of business education (150 hours) and knowledge of various business subject areas such as accounting, human resources, management skills, and more. The advantage of earning your Blue Seal is that you will develop valuable business and management knowledge to supervise a team, manage finances, or even start your own business.
How to Earn Your Blue Seal at SAIT
SAIT offers convenient and flexible pathways to earning a Blue Seal certificate through our short business courses and workshops offered by the School of Business. With dozens of courses to choose from, you can obtain your Blue Seal through part-time studies, online studies or a combination of both.
Recognized programs include:
- Construction Planning Certificate of Achievement (176 hours)
- Operational Excellence Certificate of Achievement (191-233 hours)
- Applied Project Management Certificate of Achievement (144-149 hours)
- Applied Management Certificate of Achievement (144-149 hours)
- Employment Law Certificate of Completion (40 hours)
- Lean Management Certificate of Completion (77 to 147 hours)
- Program Management Certificate of Completion (70 to 112 hours)
- Sales for Technical Professionals Certificate of Completion (77 - 105 hours)
- Train the Trainer Certificate of Completion (63 to 70 hours)
Once you have completed your program or courses at SAIT, you must fill out the Blue Seal application form on the AIT website and submit your official SAIT transcripts along with the application fee to any AIT office.
Contact the School of Business
For more information on Blue Seal-recognized business courses at SAIT, please contact the School of Business at 403.210.4340 or email@example.com.
For more information on the Blue Seal program, please visit the Government of Alberta Apprenticeship and Training website.