Shahab Moeini is currently completing a doctorate degree in Business Administration with a focus on organizational management with the University of Liverpool in the UK. He holds a Master of Science in Geospatial Science from the University of Salzburg and a Bachelor of Science in Natural Resource Engineering (Water Resources) from the Azad University in Iran.
Shahab started his professional career as an emergency construction manager and worked six years as a manager in charge of rehabilitation and reconstruction of municipal infrastructure after natural disasters or conflicts. He then worked 10 years as a water resources and soil engineer in water infrastructure project management before joining international organizations as a water and habitat engineer, leading projects in conflict and post-conflict zones throughout Africa, Asia, and the Middle East. In addition to his work as an instructor, Shahab is also the director of a Canadian-based consulting firm, providing project management and strategic advice to international organizations.
For a full list of courses in the Bachelor of Science in Construction Project Management program, click here.
Courses taught at SAIT:
- Project cost estimation
- Project delivery systems
- Mechanical electrical systems
- Cost planning and controls
- Construction project management
- Construction law
- Construction contract and procurement
- Construction safety management
- Conflict resolution
- Project risk and conflict management
- International construction project management
- Project organization and supervision
- Environmental issues in construction
- Capstone project
- Design analysis and construction of earthquake-resistant buildings by the use of local materials
- Construction waste management, reusability and recycling processes
- Cost and environmental analysis of energy and water usage in industrial construction projects
- Sustainability and productivity strategies in construction project management
- Climate change impact on the construction industry
- Organizational crisis management
- Operational analysis and change management
- Sustainable water resources allocation and management
- Interactive Web-based geospatial applications for construction project management
- Integration of 3D scanning, building integrated modelling and drone technology into construction management
Publications and presentations:
View a full list of publications and presentations.