Dr. Tareq Baker
Tareq holds a PhD in Environmental Design from the University of Calgary and a Master of Building Science from the University of Southern California. During his PhD, his research evaluated the performance of the mechanical system in a LEED Platinum building, while his master's degree research focused on developing software for visualizing building performance data.
Tareq has worked as an architectural engineer, project manager, mechanical engineer design assistant, building information modelling (BIM) specialist and building energy simulation researcher. Through his work and research experience, Tareq developed a strong passion for green building technologies, construction project management and BIM. His current research focuses mainly on the use of BIM in construction project management and the integration of BIM in evaluating building performance.
For a full list of courses in the Bachelor of Science in Construction Project Management program, click here.
Courses taught at SAIT:
- Introduction to Construction
- Construction Presentation Graphics
- Building Code and Specifications
- Project Cost Estimation
- Canadian Environmental Law
- History of Architecture
Scholarly activity and research interests:
- Building Information Modelling (BIM) for construction project management
- BIM for evaluating building performance
- Building energy simulation
- Field evaluation of building performance
- Programming tools for integrating BIM into construction project management
- Statistics for construction project management
- Information Technology for construction project management
Publications and presentations:
View a full list of publications and presentations.