School of Health and Public Safety
Our graduates get jobs - 84% graduate employment rate in 2015
SAIT's School of Health and Public Safety prepares you for a career in the healthcare sector. We offer specialized training in diagnostic and therapeutic technologies, professional assistant programs, information management, and training for wellness professionals.
Our instructors are a dynamic team of dedicated and compassionate healthcare professionals, committed to superior patient care practices. We are also constantly upgrading curriculum, acquiring new equipment, and exploring new learning methodologies to ensure we are providing relevant, quality health education.
You'll receive practical, hands-on training in modern laboratory facilities. In addition, we're leaders in patient simulation education, with a state-of-the-art Centre for Advanced Patient Care Simulation.
All of our programs have a practicum component, which integrates theoretical, laboratory and simulation experiences with real work experience under supervision from professionals in the healthcare field.
There is ongoing critical need for healthcare professionals. Most of our graduates are hired immediately upon graduation or receive employment offers months before graduation. Your education at the School of Health and Public Safety will prepare you for employment in healthcare systems across Alberta, Canada and Internationally.
Take our quiz to find your fit in healthcare and explore the possibilities waiting for you in the School of Health and Public Safety.
- Tom Sampson (EMTP '85) 2015 Distinguished Alumnus Award Recipient
- Working together to provide better patient care
- SAIT launches a new program to protect motorcyclists from dangers on the road
- SAIT provides dental care to vulnerable Calgarians
- Breathing life into ethical education
- Pharmacy Assistant dual-credit students earn High School and SAIT credentials in the same year
- Adam Loria(EMTP '05) 2014 Outstanding Young Alumnus Award Recipient
- Applied learning in full simulation mode
- Medical Equipment Donation Making a Difference in Uganda
- EMR student uses skills learned at SAIT to save his dad's life
- More Health and Public Safety news
- Medical Device Reprocessing Technician
- Medical Laboratory Assistant
- Pharmacy Assistant
- Medical Transcriptionist
- Nutrition for Healthy Lifestyles
Awards and Recognition
The School of Health and Public Safety’s Lifesaver Award recognizes SAIT alumni, staff, faculty or students who have provided life-saving assistance in an emergency situation anywhere in the world. Nominations can be submitted year-round and recipients are selected and notified by the Dean, School of Health and Public Safety.
Dean's Award for Innovation and Change
The Dean's Award for Innovation and Change is granted to applicants who are currently enrolled in any School of Health and Public Safety program and who has shown innovation, leadership, teamwork and the ability to promote positive change in their community, school or organization.
Nominations are welcome, and awards are granted in September and December each year. Apply today!