Parking Rates & Transportation
View a map of the campus.
SAIT is an inner-city campus, so there's great transit service in place for students, employees and visitors.
Students and employees get a significant discount on transit rates. The SAIT UPass costs $130 per semester (four months) and is included in tuition fees for most full-time programs.
The CTrain comes straight to campus (SAIT/ACAD/Jubilee Station) and the following bus routes provide direct service to SAIT:
|Stop location||Route numbers|
|10th Street NW||4, 5, 145, 404|
|16th Avenue NW||19|
|Lions Park Station and 14th Street NW||10, 19, 40, 89, 91, 404, 405, 414|
Visit Calgary transit online for route and schedule information.
Biking to SAIT
SAIT is near many far-reaching pathways and is located on the 10th street bike lane. Bike racks are all over campus and bicycle lock boxes can be rented from Athletics & Recreation. There are two bike locker locations available:
- In front of the Gateway on the west side of the soccer field.
- In L3 of the P6 parkade.
Call 403.284.8027 to rent a bike locker.
Current Rates - Visitor Parking
Visitors to the campus may use any of the visitor parking lots. Permits are valid for day of purchase only unless otherwise stated.
A Pay-on-Exit system is in operation in lots P1, P2, P3 and the P6 Parkade (levels 1, 3). Express payment may be made by inserting a credit card at the entry and exit terminals. Cash payments are accepted only at one of the six Pay Stations (located in Campus Centre, the P6 Parkade (levels 1, 3), Stan Grad Centre, Senator Burns end of NJ wing, and Thomas Riley buildings). Payments must be made just prior to exiting the car park.
Pay & Display requires you to purchase a ticket from the Pay & Display machine and display the ticket face-up on the dashboard. These Pay & Display machines are located in lots P5, P7, P8 and P9B
Payment for lots J1 and J2 must be made to the attendant upon entry (cash or parking pass only). A coupon book can be purchased from the parking office (V215) in the Campus Centre if desired.
With effect from July 1, 2015, the parking rates for 2015 - 2016 are as follows:
Short-Term Metered Parking Pay-and-Display Parking Lots (24 hours a day)
- P5 - $5 first hour or less. Each additional 1/2 hour $1.75 per 30 minutes to a daily maximum of $17
- P7/P8/P9B - $5 for first hour or less. $1.75 per 30 minutes thereafter to a daily maximum of $26.
Daily Rates (to 4:30 p.m.)
- P1 - $11 per entry per day
- P2 - $5 first hour or less. Each additional 1/2 hour $1.75 per 30 minutes to a daily maximum of $26
- P3 - $5 first hour or less. Each additional 1/2 hour $1.75 per 30 minutes to a daily maximum of $17
- P6 (SAIT Parking Garage) - $5 first hour or less. Each additional 1/2 hour $1.75 per 30 minutes to a daily maximum of $17
- P25 (motorcycles) - $5 per day.
- Jubilee (J1) and ACAD (J2) - $11 per entry (cash only on entrance)
Evening Rates (4:30 p.m. to 11:59 p.m.)
- P3 - $7
- P5 - $7 Pay & Display
- P6 SAIT Parking Garage - $7
Weekend Rates (rates are per entry Saturday or Sunday)
- P1 - $7
- P2 - $7
- P3 - $7
- P6 SAIT Parking Garage - $7
- Pay & Display (P5/P7/P8/P9B) - $7
Monthly Passes (rates are per month)
- P1 - $135 Residence students / Non-residence students *Limited quantities
- P9/P11/P12 - Random parking lot permit - $165
- P10 $165 / $100 (evening)
- P25 (motorcycles) - $50 (spring and summer only)
- Health parking permit - $140 *Approval required
- SAIT Parking Garage (P6) - $150 (staff only)
- P4 TTC - Aldred Centre - $165 *Approval required
Residence and non-residence parking passes are not guaranteed and are limited. Parking pass sale dates are as follows. All passes are sold on a first come first serve basis:
Parking passes will be sold by a semester: 4 months @ $565.00 including refundable deposit of $25.00 and GST or a term of 8 months @ $1105.00 including refundable deposit of $25.00 and GST.
Contact the Parking Office
Have questions? Please contact us:
- Phone: 403.210.4494
- Fax: 403.210.4490
- Email: email@example.com
Although every effort is made to ensure these prices are up-to-date, rates are subject to change without notice.
- SAIT Parking Services